Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-03-2008, 11:42 AM   #1
syringa

Send a message via MSN to syringa
Rear Hitch

When ordering our suite we forgot to include the rear hitch. Has anyone installed a rear hitch on one of these Mobile Suites?? We need it for a bike rack only...any suggestions???
2008 32tk3 mobile suite

syringa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 11:58 AM   #2
Motor31

I had the "factory installed" bike rack hitch on ours. It removed itself and then impaled the rear of the rig when it made contact with a driveway incline due to very bad welding practices. The 'installer" merely put a series of cold tack spots instead of putting a proper bead. You are better off going after market. Keep in mind that this style of rack will be subject to a lot of stress due to the design as it wobbles from every bump on the road. The bikes are on the equivalent of a lever hanging off of the hitch and it's a light duty system.

2005 MS 38RL
2007 Saturn Ion "toad"
2010 Gold Wing "piggyback"
Motor31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 12:35 PM   #3
BobW

I've been thinking about adding a bike rack to the front of the pickup instead of the rear of the RV. We had a bike rack that you hook to the ladder. Really a bad idea. The one we had broke and the bikes hit the ground. Cost $150 to fix the bikes, plus the ladder had to be replaced. As of now we've been putting the bikes in the bed.
2007 M2 Freightliner
2005 Wrangler
In a land of the blind, the one eyed guy is king.
BobW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 08:20 PM   #4
MBarz

:cry: Hello, I have a 32TK3 and put my bikes on the ladder in the back. Because we to forgot to get a hitch put on. And that was a mistake. Just bought our Mobile Suites in June and after a few trips the bikes broke lose and was swigning back and forth and scratched everything in the back. So now I do not take them until I can find someone to install the hitch. And I do not know where to start because I want to make sure someone knows how to tear apart the underbelly to put the hitch on right so it does not break off.
MBarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 01:32 PM   #5
The Spices

This won't be for everyone but . . . .

After struggling with different possibilities for months, we just purchased a roof rack for the truck (4 door) and are planning on carrying two kayaks and two bikes on it. That way they go where the truck goes.

Former - 2010 MS 36RS3 w/ MorRyde IS and pinbox, Mag susp., Level Up plus a number of custom mods. 600 watt AM Solar
2012 F450 King Ranch with Classy Chassis hauler bed conversion, Trailsaver
The Spices is offline   Reply With Quote