Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-09-2020, 08:30 AM   #1
Goose_NC

2019+ RAM diesel - how many miles driven so far?

Hey, I am gathering some information for myself. If you have a 2019+ Ram 2500/3500 diesel, how many miles do you have on it? Any major issues?

I have a 2020 RAM 3500 diesel I bought in April.

Goose_NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 04:37 PM   #2
TandM

202 Ram 3500 with the 6.7L HO diesel engine + AISIN tranny. Love it. 13,000 miles on it in 3 months. Noticing that the mpg after 10000 miles got better.

Issues: Sometimes will get a quick warning that DEF system is not functioning while driving down the road, but it goes away and does not come back on the same trip.

AISIN tranny shifts kind of rough, hard punting in the lower gears. Certainly not as smooth as my 2019 Ram 1500 was.

TandM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 05:38 PM   #3
OneReallyOldGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goose_NC View Post
Hey, I am gathering some information for myself. If you have a 2019+ Ram 2500/3500 diesel, how many miles do you have on it? Any major issues?

I have a 2020 RAM 3500 diesel I bought in April.
I have a 2018 Cummins diesel that unfortunately has a Ram 3500 dually wrapped around it. 44,000 miles and so far here’s what’s happened;
1st major issue was the brake controller was applying 33% power to the trailer at random times. Troncoli Dodge Jeep Ram etc. kept it for 3 days and decided there was nothing wrong with the truck. A thousand bucks worth of burned up brake pads and rotors later Rocky Top Ram Dodge etc. diagnosed the issue in about 30 seconds and replaced the controller and the controller switch. Problem solved.
2nd major issue is the locker pin in the differential is damaged and needs replacing. Again Rocky Top diagnosed the issue but they did not have the parts in stock so it hasn’t been repaired yet. Intermittently when turning a corner after being stopped the truck grinds and hops like the hubs are locked. It’s worse after running for a couple of hours and really bad when the fiver is on board.
3rd issue was the recall because the kingpin bolts tend to loosen themselves up and fall out. Ram’s solution was to weld the nuts onto the kingpin bolts. Can’t wait for time to get an alignment.
4th issue is it hits neutral between gears intermittently then slams into the next gear which is what probably damaged the locker pin. Ram says that’s normal, they all do that.
4th issue is the belts separated on the first tire at 11k and then another one did the same thing at 25k. Nexum = garbage. I replaced all 6. You’d think for the price they charge for these trucks they’d put good rubber on them.
At least it’s pretty.
OneReallyOldGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 05:59 PM   #4
Whitewolf

Around 150K. Once some non-essential but mandated parts fell off, most of my problems went away. I get the occasional this and that, but nothing major.