Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   5thWheelForums.com > 5th Wheel Brand Forums > DRV | Formerly Doubletree
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-03-2018, 08:53 PM   #1
stanleyz

Ford F350 DRW and Trailair pin box problem, help

MS 2005 36TK3 2014 Ford F350 long bed DRW with factory puck system and Reese 21000 lb hitch. I just bought and installed a Trailair pin box. Hooked up at home and added air to top of arrows on label. Towed around 600 miles with one overnight without unhitching. Arrived at destination in to a fairly level but wlightly uphill site. Front jacks would not raise pin box high enough to permit me to pull jaw release handle. I removed air from trailair and was able to disengauge.

The jacks seemed a little wimpy but I think they were getting fully extended. Other hydraulics are working fine, pump motor was not overly hot and I checked fluid and topped it off before hitching up at home. It looked like the Trailair air bag was pushing the bottom jaw down so far and the DRW springs were pushing truck up so high that they would not come apart.

Any similar experiences or thoughts? Thanks for the help.