Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-30-2007, 08:40 AM   #1
Motor31

Dealer endorsement

I know that we are often having a hard time finding a dealer that will work on trailers they didn't sell. I found one that has better ethics than that.

Last Friday we were leaving the Corps of Engineers campground at Fall River Kansas. The tanks were full so I tried to dump them. When I pulled the black tank valve, nothing happened. It's always been very hard to operate so I couldn't feel if the valve separated from the cable. The valve assembly is a molded part with a very long protrusion on it so I couldn't see any movement in it either.

We left the campground and stumbled across Flint Hills RV just to the East of Wichita on Highway 400 / 54. (800-748-7306). They are an MS dealer. Even though it was noon on Friday the tech went to look at the rig as soon as lunch was over. He found that the valve was moving but the seal had deteriorated allowing all of the liquid to leak out and leaving the solids. It refused to fully seal up again. We added lots of water and flushed the tank twice. Then he replaced the valve. It now works from inside the basement and not from the side position. I can live with that. It also works far far easier than before as the cable assembly was very sticky.

We were on the road again by 3:00 PM and that was after I flushed the tank 3 more times. Total shop charge was 1 hour labor plus the new valve.

If you are in the Wichita area, I highly recommend these folks for service.

2005 MS 38RL
2007 Saturn Ion "toad"
2010 Gold Wing "piggyback"
Motor31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 10:07 AM   #2
ponch

Send a message via AIM to ponch Send a message via MSN to ponch
Administrator

We need to have a single spot to list the RV Dealers that are recommended by other 5th wheel / trailer owners.
That way one could pull up a single site to see if any dealers were recommended in that area.

Ponch

Mobile Suites 2005 36CK3 #2307 w/ auto levelers/ phase 2
Air Safe Hitch
HD TV in the basement and living room and bedroom
HD MOTO SAT Auto Ant on roof
pressure pro
ponch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 10:50 AM   #3
ChrisM

Hey! I used to work there back when they were Augusta RV. Good people. Probably one of the best places I've ever been. Do you remember who it was that helped you out?
ChrisM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 08:46 AM   #4
Motor31

Chris,

The tech's name was Bill. Guy about my age, mid 50's, outstanding guy to talk to and just darn nice.

The Service Mgr. was Darrel Cox, also a very nice guy.
2005 MS 38RL
2007 Saturn Ion "toad"
2010 Gold Wing "piggyback"
Motor31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 10:12 AM   #5
ChrisM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motor31
Chris,

The tech's name was Bill. Guy about my age, mid 50's, outstanding guy to talk to and just darn nice.

The Service Mgr. was Darrel Cox, also a very nice guy.
Thanks! I didn't know who still worked there (its been 6 years), but its good to see that those two do. I'm going to have to swing by there next time I'm in that part of the country and say hi!
ChrisM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 01:02 PM   #6
kfrimr

There is a web site that you can see and post RV service reviews. It is a great sight. and I would encourage you to post your comments there for everyone. When I was traveling though a new area and needed work I looked here to see others comments on the Service center.

http://www.rvservicereviews.com/StateList.asp?state=WA

Kent

kfrimr is offline   Reply With Quote