Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-02-2015, 12:20 PM   #1
Joezilla

2016 DRV Mobile Suites 43' Atlanta

We got the official word from Alicia yesterday. Our new Atlanta build has been approved by the DRV engineering dept. and is scheduled to go online Sept. 23 and come offline on October 5. Woohoo!!

I am not clear on the process after it comes offline though. Can anyone enlighten me?

We should take delivery the first part of November. We were hoping for sooner, but it is what it is.

Excitement does not begin to describe our feeling!!

Joe

Joezilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 03:17 PM   #2
IShootSharpStix

Off to paint, Morryde for IS(?), then back to factory PDI, then to your dealer. Ours came offline 7/27 and was ready to ship to the dealer on 8/17.

IShootSharpStix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 05:53 PM   #3
Chandler

Really proud for you. I know you are going to enjoy it!
Chandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 11:48 AM   #4
hitchup

Alicia is good about keeping you informed on progress. We have dozens of photos and a video.
But the order depends on how busy Mor-Ryde or Onan are. Just plan on spending 3-5 days to move everything over, find issues and get familiar with changes.
Ours came offline on 9/24 and it wasn't in OK ready for pickup until 11/21. Even then, if it weren't for the Wind, Sleet and Snow, we would have had an easier switch.
Working Fulltimers since 3/2005
hitchup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 10:13 PM   #5
TeresaB

"Our new Atlanta build has been approved by the DRV engineering dept."

Joe,

I am interested in the MS Atlanta Model as well. You mentioned your build was approved by the DRV engineering dept. Did you make structural changes? Just curious as I am thinking the bunkroom might work better for us if it were in a different configuration.

Teresa
TeresaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 01:52 AM   #6
Joezilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeresaB View Post
"Our new Atlanta build has been approved by the DRV engineering dept."

Joe,

I am interested in the MS Atlanta Model as well. You mentioned your build was approved by the DRV engineering dept. Did you make structural changes? Just curious as I am thinking the bunkroom might work better for us if it were in a different configuration.

Teresa
Alicia at Rolling Retreats suggested a different slide for our kitchen/entertainment area. So the usual Atlanta k/e slide was removed and a different one was added. Here is the special that covers this....

2. DELETE TK DELETE TELESCOPING ISLAND AND INSTALL WALK AROUND ISLAND- DELETE WINDOW BY 2ND BEDROOM DOOR & INSTALL 38RSSB3 OD SLIDE (KITCHEN SLIDE) DELETING THE APPLIANCE GARAGE (ALICIA KITCHEN)- CONTINUE OVER WITH COUNTER TOPS AND UPPER CABINETS LIKE VIN #6818 W/ SPICE RACK- LEAVE 110V OUTLET IN SPICE RACK AREA THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN IN APPLIANCE GARAGE-

This gives us an island instead of a peninsula in the kitchen. It also gives more counter space and a bigger entertainment area. It does take out the window by the 2nd bedroom door however.

Joe
Old 09-08-2015, 08:28 AM   #7
Cummins12V98

Joe is this what yours will look like? I think this is the 38RSSB3 kitchen/entertainment slide.

We dumped the pop up TV and went with the 55" TV and no window. We really like this combo! The slide that comes with the 39TKSB3 has the barn door and leaves very little counter space. Also deleted the window by the frig.

2015 RAM LongHorn Dually Air ride Aisin 4:10's

2016 MS 39TKSB3 "Highly Elited"
Cummins12V98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 10:09 AM   #8
TeresaB

Very nice. I like this so much better than the model with the appliance garage. It makes it look much bigger and open. You mentioned you went for the 55 inch TV. Is that the largest TV that can fit in the space? (My husband wanted a 60 inch TV)
Old 09-08-2015, 10:25 AM   #9
TeresaB

Thanks for the info. Anything that would give more counter and living space is alright by me!

By the way, what is your opinion regarding the floor space in the bunkroom?
We will be traveling full time with our 8 yr. old daughter. So far, I have not been able to walk through an Atlanta model but after looking at photos, I am concerned about the amount of space she will have for her room. Do you think it is worth removing the bottom bunk to gain additional floor space? We have already decided to delete the desk, as she will have the dinning room table and pull out desk over the fireplace for completing school work.

Any thoughts / suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,
Teresa
Old 09-08-2015, 01:21 PM   #10
Cummins12V98

Quote:
Very nice. I like this so much better than the model with the appliance garage. It makes it look much bigger and open. You mentioned you went for the 55 inch TV. Is that the largest TV that can fit in the space? (My husband wanted a 60 inch TV)
Actually the 60" will fit! For the viewing distance 55" is more than enough IMHO. We also have an outlet between the right side of the TV and the left of the tile. 60" TV would not allow the outlet.

Nice to have options. We had the appliance garage on the last MS but we sure don't miss it!

Thanks for the compliment!

Old 09-08-2015, 01:24 PM   #11
Cummins12V98

We made the pull out above the Fireplace a shallow drawer. Could not see sitting in front of the TV with the Fireplace on! We keep Computer on dining table.

Old 09-09-2015, 12:12 AM   #12
Joezilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cummins12V98 View Post
Joe is this what yours will look like? I think this is the 38RSSB3 kitchen/entertainment slide.

We dumped the pop up TV and went with the 55" TV and no window. We really like this combo! The slide that comes with the 39TKSB3 has the barn door and leaves very little counter space. Also deleted the window by the frig.

It is very similar. I seem to remember a wall separating the TV/kitchen counter area, but I could be wrong.

Joe
Old 09-09-2015, 12:16 AM   #13
Joezilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cummins12V98 View Post
Actually the 60" will fit! For the viewing distance 55" is more than enough IMHO. We also have an outlet between the right side of the TV and the left of the tile. 60" TV would not allow the outlet.

Nice to have options. We had the appliance garage on the last MS but we sure don't miss it!

Thanks for the compliment!
The 60" TV is only for the Rear Entertainment models, according to the DRV spec sheet.

Joe
Old 09-09-2015, 12:21 AM   #14
Joezilla

Quote:
Thanks for the info. Anything that would give more counter and living space is alright by me!

By the way, what is your opinion regarding the floor space in the bunkroom?
We will be traveling full time with our 8 yr. old daughter. So far, I have not been able to walk through an Atlanta model but after looking at photos, I am concerned about the amount of space she will have for her room. Do you think it is worth removing the bottom bunk to gain additional floor space? We have already decided to delete the desk, as she will have the dinning room table and pull out desk over the fireplace for completing school work.

Any thoughts / suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,
Teresa
If you remove the desk from the back bedroom, I am thinking your daughter will be thrilled with the room she will have. But, like you Teresa, we have not been able to physically walk through an Atlanta model. Debbie spent a day with Alicia in Elk City. Alicia sold an Atlanta to a couple in Oklahoma City and put in a call to them to see if Debbie could view their unit. Unfortunately, they were not home that day.

Joe
Old 09-09-2015, 12:21 PM   #15
Cummins12V98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joezilla View Post
The 60" TV is only for the Rear Entertainment models, according to the DRV spec sheet.

Joe
I was told by our mutual friend that the 60" TV would fit.

Old 09-09-2015, 12:22 PM   #16
Cummins12V98

Quote:
It is very similar. I seem to remember a wall separating the TV/kitchen counter area, but I could be wrong.

Joe
If you have the "WALL" I think that's part of the "Alicia kitchen".

Old 09-10-2015, 10:41 AM   #17
hitchup

Looks like 55" wall hung will be standard in the new 2016's.

While the lift is a nice idea, we preferred the wall hung on our 2006 Elite. Should have deleted the lift on the 2014, but we always forget something when we customize.
Working Fulltimers since 3/2005
hitchup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 11:38 AM   #18
Joezilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitchup View Post

While the lift is a nice idea, we preferred the wall hung on our 2006 Elite. Should have deleted the lift on the 2014, but we always forget something when we customize.
That is correct. They raised the fulltimer's forced option several hundred dollars. One of the things that caused that is the new 55" TV.

Joe
Old 09-10-2015, 12:22 PM   #19
TeresaB

43 Atlanta

Quote:
If you remove the desk from the back bedroom, I am thinking your daughter will be thrilled with the room she will have. But, like you Teresa, we have not been able to physically walk through an Atlanta model. Debbie spent a day with Alicia in Elk City. Alicia sold an Atlanta to a couple in Oklahoma City and put in a call to them to see if Debbie could view their unit. Unfortunately, they were not home that day.

Joe
Thanks Joe. I think the 55" TV will be fine.
I was able to reach Kyle Miller at DRV and he sent me a floor plan with measurements, So, I just used painter's tape to mark off the dimensions on the floor to get an idea. It looks like it will be plenty of room for my daughter. Thanks so much for all of the information.
Old 09-10-2015, 05:45 PM   #20
Cummins12V98

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitchup View Post

I think it was one of those "Great" ideas that no one used! Sounded like most people were deleting it and going with the 55" TV anyway.