Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-03-2007, 07:12 AM   #1
Huck

Send a message via ICQ to Huck
Hydralic upgrade

I remember reading somewhere about a hydralic "enhancment kit" for the early MS.

I have the problem of the front dropping a little when I lift the front of the MS.

But, that is not my real problem.

I moved my MS a couple weeks ago and noticed that the front of the MS would barely lift. It was all I could do to get the hydalics to lift it high enough to load it on the truck. Then when I unhitched it I could barely get it leavel.
I was not at the end of the travel limit.
I am not low of hydralic oil.

Does the enhancement kit fix this problem that I am having?

And, if so , how do I get this kit without going to Indiana?

2005 RE3 MS #2163
2006 F-350 CC 4X4
Huck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 08:55 AM   #2
billr

The pump upgrade will take you from 2200 psi to 2800 psi and will solve your problem. I had the same issues until I had it replaced. They also have a upgrade timer install that stops the drop on initial raise input that is included in the upgrade. I didn't like the way it worked after the timer upgrade so disconnected it. I prefer the slight drop on first raise to the jerky reaction of the timer upgrade.

Check your pump P/N and call Lippert. They should be able to send you the parts to do yourself, or at a dealer. It should be no cost.

Cheers,
Bill

05 M/S 38RL3 #2046
01 Volvo VNL770
05 Smart Passion Loaded piggyback
https://picasaweb.google.com/billandjoan
Weigh-It Portable RV Scales
https://www.weighitrv.com
billr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 09:48 AM   #3
sigo'suite

I have the upgrade and recently my jacks were struggling to raise the coach. It would raise about an inch or so and then stop, I would release the switch hit it again and it would do the same.

I called dealer service and was told that probably my voltage was low. The hydraulics will not have enough umphh if the voltage is below about 10.8 amps. I got off the phone and checked my batteries. (dual 6 volt) and sure enough they were way low on water and I filled them. Week later when I went out again, they had recharged fortunately; and they worked fine.

Just a thought, it may be worth checking.
sigo'suite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 09:56 AM   #4
Motor31

I've had constant problems with the hydraulics on my rig. I've had the upgrade done and still the problems persist. Most of them seem to be from trapped air in the system as the bubble moves. The last one was the main jacks refusing to lift the front end. I changed to a nose up space and was able to lower the nose to level fine. Later, a day after we were set up I started to trouble shoot the system and the front jacks worked fine. The bubble may have moved away from the jacks since the slides were out. Freaking gremlins!

I did note that a couple days before both of the front jacks had dropped a bit during travel. That was a new issue for us. Previously we have had slides open about an inch if we didn't "tweak" them closed after raising the jacks prior to leaving.

With the failures of the system we've had and the upgrade, we are now on our 4th hydraulic pump.
2005 MS 38RL
2007 Saturn Ion "toad"
2010 Gold Wing "piggyback"
Motor31 is offline   Reply With Quote