Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-21-2011, 06:38 AM   #1
USA in a Chevrolet

DRV Referral Bonus

Has anyone taken advantage of the referral program DRV is running? I just got my check for $200 for referring a customer to DRV. The process was pretty simple & I received my check within a couple of weeks of the form being sent to DRV. It's easy to reccomend this company. They make a great product. I know there are problems with the Suites but overall the quality is much better than the other two brands I have owned. In addition, the company treats us customers pretty good, in my opinion. We travel a lot & people are always asking about my Select Suites, so it's easy to point out how the potential buyer & myself benefit if he buys a Suites because I showed him my trailer.

Old 12-27-2011, 08:35 AM   #2
AmericaChoiceRV

Select suites owners meet the tradition =)

The select suite is a great 5th wheel but it will be replaced by the tradition. We were one of the first to get one so if you want to see 50+ photos you can check out our website listing. They are excellent and Chad from DRV was just here to do a full walk-around with us.

America Choice RV will be representing DRV at the Tampa Super Show and we'll be introducing the Tradition along with the 2012 Elite and 2012 Mobile Suites.

http://www.americachoicerv.com/produ...?sid=MOBI06091 :D

AmericaChoiceRv.com is proud to be Florida's leading DRV Dealer. Please check out our website's DRV page or call us at 1-800-RVSales for any questions. We take all trade-ins, 2 consignment programs and have financing available.
AmericaChoiceRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 09:23 AM   #3
terry and jo

Re: Select suites owners meet the tradition =)

Comment deleted.

I was a wee bit tacky about an "advertisement" instead of an answer to the original poster's question and comment.

Terry
2010 Mobile Suites 38TKSB3 #5332 - 2008 Ford F450
Terry's Smugmug Site
terry and jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 09:48 AM   #4
USA in a Chevrolet

I was surprised also, but even more surprised by the total lack of responses. I don't know if the average Suites owner just can't use $200 or if they feel it's inappropriate to refer another person. Some people may feel uncomfortable & maybe some owners feel they made a mistake buying a Suites. I just thought I would share my positive experience with the referral program.
Old 12-28-2011, 04:24 PM   #5
terry and jo

I would imagine that many won't even mention it to friends as they might be afraid that their friends may think the are only trying to profit from it. At least I wouldn't be likely to mention the referral.

Now, if the party with which I was communicating asked if there was some kind of incentive, that would be different. I would still be more inclined to be happy with a happy friend as having another $200.

Terry
2010 Mobile Suites 38TKSB3 #5332 - 2008 Ford F450
Terry's Smugmug Site
terry and jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 07:44 PM   #6
USA in a Chevrolet

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry and jo
I would imagine that many won't even mention it to friends as they might be afraid that their friends may think the are only trying to profit from it. At least I wouldn't be likely to mention the referral.

Now, if the party with which I was communicating asked if there was some kind of incentive, that would be different. I would still be more inclined to be happy with a happy friend as having another $200.

Terry
I don't thnink most DRV owners realize that in addition to you getting $200 bonus that the person you referred & who buys a Suites gets one of several free options on their purchase. Both parties benefit from the referral!
Old 12-28-2011, 08:31 PM   #7
Joezilla

I was the recipient of the referral before purchasing our new 2012 SS 38TKSB3. We used it to get the central vac for no cost. The person that sent us the certificate, I assume, got their $200. I know we appreciated getting the certificate.

Joe
Joezilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 08:32 AM   #8
Stripit

Send a message via AIM to Stripit Send a message via MSN to Stripit Send a message via Yahoo to Stripit
We got $200 from the factory for a referral we gave out 10 months ago. Totally forgot we handed out the certificate to someone 'thinking' about purchasing a new trailer. It was a nice surprise and we both won, they got something added to their new trailer at no charge and we got some money.
1991 Avanti Conv
Stripit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 09:40 PM   #9
soos

we have given out several certificates - just got our first $200 (thanks, Joe!)
We've spent s fair amount of time showing people our 5th wheel. I even have extra brochures to give people. If they think they might buy, I give them the certificate. As you say, its a win/win!

Sue
pulled by a 2011 Ford F450 Lariat
soos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 01:28 AM   #10
Joezilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by soos
we have given out several certificates - just got our first $200 (thanks, Joe!)
We've spent s fair amount of time showing people our 5th wheel. I even have extra brochures to give people. If they think they might buy, I give them the certificate. As you say, its a win/win!

Sue
You are most welcome Sue!! We appreciate your willingness to share.

Joe
Joezilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 12:11 PM   #11
Motor31

Quote:
Originally Posted by USA in a Chevrolet
I was surprised also, but even more surprised by the total lack of responses. I don't know if the average Suites owner just can't use $200 or if they feel it's inappropriate to refer another person. Some people may feel uncomfortable & maybe some owners feel they made a mistake buying a Suites. I just thought I would share my positive experience with the referral program.
Frankly, I wouldn't want to wish our experiance (still continuing to be the "gift that keeps on giving us the shaft" after 6 years) with the brand on anyone I care for or about. Getting $200 to do that to our friends would be kind of like the 30 pieces of silver in our case.
2005 MS 38RL
2007 Saturn Ion "toad"
2010 Gold Wing "piggyback"
Motor31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 01:39 PM   #12
rotaxman

Agree

Mike,

In full agreement with you I wouldn't consider recommending a DRV product until some changes are made in the way they do business.

I know this is the last one I will ever own.

As always good camping
Joyce and Jerry
2000 F 450 V10
5.38 gears trailer special
Automatic 4R100
20000# Reese Hitch
Trail Air Suspension and Pin Box with Tri Glide
Honda 4500 ex
Hughes Internet
Garmin 2720 talking GPS
Pressure Pro
Junk frame 2009 38TKSB3 #4750
rotaxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 12:28 PM   #13
USA in a Chevrolet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motor31
Quote:
Frankly, I wouldn't want to wish our experiance (still continuing to be the "gift that keeps on giving us the shaft" after 6 years) with the brand on anyone I care for or about. Getting $200 to do that to our friends would be kind of like the 30 pieces of silver in our case.
I am trying to understand why we have such different views of DRV. Can you tell me what brands of fifth wheels you have owned before DRV that you are comparing to DRV? Also, what bad experiences you have had with DRV? I really appreciate your help!
Old 12-31-2011, 03:03 PM   #14
The View 5046

Should be interesting reply?????????????

I have no problem recomending the Drv Suites, I have owned two Drv 5th wheels a 2009 and now a 2010 have had very few issues. Our 2010 MS has been used since 6 Aug 2010. And have towed thousands of miles over the past two + years.

I read about issues, and yes you will have issues no matter what RV you have. There seems to be a lot of issues for some people?? Why I don't know but some of us don't have so many issues..

I will say if you aren't happy, there is no reason to be unhappy. There are just two many options out there. In 2009 bought a new 5th wheel and used it for 8 nights, we weren't happy and it was gone but I would never use the term Junk.... Just didn't fill our needs...

P.S. We showed our 5th wheels hundreds of times. And know for a fact we move 6 Drv Suites for Drv, and I wasn't aware of the $200, but I'm aware now and sure will use it from now on. I do recommend the Drv Suites.... And feel free to use my name...

2010 Mobile Suites 38 RSSB 4 (SOLD)
Trailer Saver TS 3
Pressure Pro System (SOLD)
The View 5046 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 06:33 PM   #15
Motor31

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Frankly, I wouldn't want to wish our experience (still continuing to be the "gift that keeps on giving us the shaft" after 6 years) with the brand on anyone I care for or about. Getting $200 to do that to our friends would be kind of like the 30 pieces of silver in our case.
I am trying to understand why we have such different views of DRV. Can you tell me what brands of fifth wheels you have owned before DRV that you are comparing to DRV? Also, what bad experiences you have had with DRV? I really appreciate your help!

The difference in views is pretty darn simple. Our rig has been a problem from the first 24 hours we owned it. It took over 2 weeks to get out of the dealers lot when we picked it up because of the issues with the trailer that they were unable or unwilling to fix. The tech finally told us his manager would assign him to make the repairs then 10 minutes later call him off of our rig to go work on another customers rig hoping we would get tired and just leave. When we did leave we got 100 miles away and opened the door to find the sliding pocket door between the kitchen and bedroom was now in the basement partially blocking the doorway. I took another week and a couple days back at the dealer to get that and other items we found that had not been repaired even though the tech crossed them off of the list. We got 800 miles away and the washing machine pump quit, again. We then went to the factory at their request back 800 miles one way to get the same items fixed again. The leaks were never fixed. I did those including removing the window entirely to put caulk sealant in the window frame where it had been left on the side of the frame instead of the mating surface with the slide wall by the craftsmen at the factory.

I also found a shock absorber mount broken away from the frame. When I looked at the other 3 I found there was not a single bead weld on any of them. Just temporary tack welds to hold them in place prior to putting a proper weld. I had that fixed in Tucson, less than 5 minutes of welding that should have been done when the rig was built. I also had the fancy bike receiver hitch disengage itself from the bottom of the frame then re insert itself into the back cap. It did so be cause there was not a single weld bead on it, just more temporary tack dots. No penetration of the base metal or either the frame or hitch. It was held on by welding rod slag that let go when it touched the ground leaving an inclined driveway.

We have had 4 hydraulic pumps, a main jack, 2 heatpump AC's, a cooling plant in the fridge, oilcanning furnace duct work, leaks upon leaks including multiple windows, entry door and basement access hatches, collapsing door mounts, broken screw heads embedded in caulk rather than replacing the screw. Too few screws holding structural items, improperly adjusted slide mechanisms, Plumbing that did not have threaded finger screw fittings tightened more than just a thread or two so that they sprayed inside the wall and basement. Free flowing air under the kitchen slide where the factory cut notches in the only slide seal so that dirt and bugs have free access into the living area.

Those were all items in the first 4 years we owned the rig and are not all of them either.

Right now I have a door side slide that is dragging on the carpet embedding dirt and water from some unknown source into the living room when the slide is moved. A kitchen slide tearing up the linoleum when it is moved in to travel position. I have replaced the angle aluminum twice now under the single roller for the weight bearing portion of the center partition of the kitchen side slide.

This is just the stuff I can recall off of the top of my head to put in a 5 minute typing session. I know there are other things like stripped out and cross threaded hydraulic fittings on hoses that I also took care of on my own.

These items are not fair wear and tear other than the refrigerator.

In all seriousness there there other items I have not listed. We ordered the rig, waited 14 weeks on a 12 week delivery promise and have had non stop problems.

Our previous trailers were a Nash 23' I used full time for over a year that require no repairs other than the fridge cooling plant sprung a leak.

We then had a Petersen Excel 36' for more than a year of full time use. There were no repairs on it other than from a tire blow out that Goodyear covered. I would have gone back to Excel but they only made 36' long units and we wanted a larger one with bigger fresh water tank.

So excuse me if I don't wave the pom poms for the brand but anyone I care about would not get a referral for DRV from me.

In regards to the don't be happy change the rig, we are not living high on the hog. We retired as early as my wife could so we could full time after her bout with cancer. At this time we are both cancer survivors and on limited pensions so dumping this rig with a loan still on it to buy another one at a price almost as high as we paid for a 2100 sq ft stick house with a 3 car garage just isn't going to happen. If someone has the money to do that, more power to ya but we do not.

Keep in mind this is our home, not some weekend camper we just sling behind the tow vehicle for recreation.
2005 MS 38RL
2007 Saturn Ion "toad"
Old 01-08-2012, 11:32 AM   #16
Motor31

Well USA, did my response to your question explain our difference in opinion regarding drv? Just curious as you haven't said anything.
2005 MS 38RL
2007 Saturn Ion "toad"
Old 01-08-2012, 11:48 AM   #17
USA in a Chevrolet

Quote:
Well USA, did my response to your question explain our difference in opinion regarding drv? Just curious as you haven't said anything.
I apologize for the slow response. We have been traveling a lot lately & finally got set up in one spot. My initial reaction is how can one trailer have so many problems? I honestly don't know what I would do if I had a trailer with that many problems. Have you considered a law suit?

I have had problems with every fifth wheel I have owned but never problems such as you are describing. I am also a cancer survivor having had a reoccurence & it is no fun! Your experiences must be a rare occurence or DRV would surely be out of business! Other than that there is nothing I can say!