Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-05-2010, 09:17 AM   #1
booneII

which one to get?

Hi everyone I am a new member with a question. I am currently lookin at a 36' mobile suites and a 36' select suite. The doubletree web site shows 3 models the elite, mobile and select can someone tell me which is baesment model and which is the top of the line Thank's

booneII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 09:45 AM   #2
Motor31

Select is the base model, mobile is the middle level. The main difference is the trim and interior finishings not the base trailer.

2005 MS 38RL
2007 Saturn Ion "toad"
2010 Gold Wing "piggyback"
Motor31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 09:53 AM   #3
5thwheeler

Different Frames

Select - 12" frame
http://www.drvsuites.com/products.ph...ent=specs#main
Mobile - 15" frame
Elite - also 15" frame
5thwheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 03:25 PM   #4
RickandJanice

Beside frame height differences as described, the Select has a twin I-beam frame where the Mobile and Elite Suites have stacked box beam frames. The Select Suites also use decals for the graphics where the Mobile and Elite are painted (except DVR Emblems). The tanks are also slightly smaller on most of the Select Suites. I'm sure others will join in on some other differences, but these are the major construction differences that set them apart as far as I am concerned.

Mobile and Elite Suites are basically the same construction. The Elite Suites basically include all of of the options available on a Mobile Suites at a "package price". You will also find that DRV will now build just about any combination of Mobile or Elite Suites that you want and the same amenities are available in both model lines.
RickandJanice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 04:02 PM   #5
missourijan

Actually, only the 2007 Select has vinyl graphics, since then they have been painted. Don't think Selects have smaller tanks, think they are the same. We chose the Select because it was not as heavy and didn't like the shower doors and other embossed stuff on glass & woodwork.
2012 Mobile Suite #5942
2012 Ford F350 Super duty
"We used to work, now we workamp"
missourijan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 04:56 PM   #6
BillA

The main differences between the Mobile and the Elite is the Select Comfort bed is standard, hydraulic rear stabilizers are standard, black stainless refrigerator is standard vs regular stainless, countertops are granite vs composite, roof is fiberglass vs rubber, full body paint w/window silks is standard vs partial paint & no silks, and the kitchen/living area roof line does not slope down at the rear in the Elite allowing for taller slides in that area and more cabinet space as the cabinets are approximately 6" taller. Of course with these additions comes more weight. Aside from these items the options list for the Mobile and Elite are pretty much identical. As has already been pointed out DRV will put most any feature of an Elite in/on a Mobile if requested.
BillA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 06:37 PM   #7
RickandJanice

Quote:
Originally Posted by missourijan
Actually, only the 2007 Select has vinyl graphics, since then they have been painted. Don't think Selects have smaller tanks, think they are the same. We chose the Select because it was not as heavy and didn't like the shower doors and other embossed stuff on glass & woodwork.
I stand corrected on the graphics, did not realize DRV went with paint on the Select Suites. Even though not all tanks are smaller, the fresh water and grey water is different sizes between the Select and the Mobile / Elite by 25 and 20 gallons respectfully. DRV has removed the graphics from the shower doors and now all 3 models have the same shower door designs, just different color trim.
Old 10-06-2010, 09:35 AM   #8
hitchup

During the Factory tour last month, we learned a few more differences between the Elite and Mobile Suites in 2011.

The 2011 Elite will have a one-piece fiberglass roof as standard. They can now do a one-pc because the roof is straight across. It makes a higher living room and the dinette slideout has a bank of cabinets all the way across the slide.

The 2011 Mobile will have a two-pc fiberglass roof upgrade if custom ordered. It stays at 2 pcs because it will still slope to the rear.

They also now have a 2 bathroom floorplan, called the Manhatten. Bunkroom has sink, toilet and shower. NICE.....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg img_3252_126.jpg (266.2 KB, 205 views)
Working Fulltimers since 3/2005
hitchup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 01:42 PM   #9
USA in a Chevrolet

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickandJanice
Quote:
I stand corrected on the graphics, did not realize DRV went with paint on the Select Suites. Even though not all tanks are smaller, the fresh water and grey water is different sizes between the Select and the Mobile / Elite by 25 and 20 gallons respectfully. DRV has removed the graphics from the shower doors and now all 3 models have the same shower door designs, just different color trim.
Hi Guys, I am a new member although not new to fivers. I purchased a 2010 36RESB3 in October. I've been delayed from going to Florida for the winter like I usually do due to a reoccurence of prostate cancer & the need o go for 38 sessions of radiation. My question concerns the graphics on the front of my Select. My understanding is that the graphics there is a decal & not paint. Is it a decal or paint? Thanks in advance.
USA in a Chevrolet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 08:00 PM   #10
RickandJanice

Quote:
Originally Posted by USA in a Chevrolet
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickandJanice
Quote:
Hi Guys, I am a new member although not new to fivers. I purchased a 2010 36RESB3 in October. I've been delayed from going to Florida for the winter like I usually do due to a reoccurence of prostate cancer & the need o go for 38 sessions of radiation. My question concerns the graphics on the front of my Select. My understanding is that the graphics there is a decal & not paint. Is it a decal or paint? Thanks in advance.
All of the DRV emblems are decals. As far as I know, the the stripes and colors are paint on the Select and Mobile, but the white is plain gel coat unless full body paint is ordered. The Elite is full body paint is part of the package.
Old 02-05-2011, 09:19 PM   #11
RGordon

Has anyone ever replaced the front vinyl decals and is it applied as a one piece?
2007 Mobile Suite 38RL3 #3698
RGordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 09:10 AM   #12
wingnut60
Site Team

Was at the factory last Sept--seems like I saw them with a large sheet of material that was hand-pressed onto the front cap and then the paper was peeled off. Not sure, as it was way in the background and I wasn't paying that much attention to the process.
Joe
2005 TK3 #1869, 10 yrs of memories,
2017 F450 KR--one more Ford is it
2009 F450 4x4-died; 2010 F450-retired
wingnut60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 10:27 AM   #13
ponch

Send a message via AIM to ponch Send a message via MSN to ponch
Yes I have replaced the front 3 times and the rest twice.

The hardest part is peeling it off. I used a heat gun but you have to be careful not to get it too hot. Just enough to start the peal.

After that I cleaned it real well, sprayed it with water and a small amount of soap, and positioned the "D"where I wanted it. It will not fit the exact lines of the old one.
Use a squeegee to get all the water out from underneath the decal. The letters go on afterwords, yes its two pieces.

Mobile Suites 2005 36CK3 #2307 w/ auto levelers/ phase 2
Air Safe Hitch
HD TV in the basement and living room and bedroom
HD MOTO SAT Auto Ant on roof
pressure pro
ponch is offline   Reply With Quote