Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-30-2007, 11:39 AM   #1
shergry

Veneer peeling

Just noticed that the veneer is peeling away from around the bottom near floor, under the fridge. No moisture found to cause this, and this is the only area that seems to be peeling away.
Searched internet and found few blogs using a wax pen, melt and press in the area damaged. Don't know yet how to handle, now am fine tooth comb inspecting all veneer.....lots.
Also, thought stain being dabbed in area peeling would look about as good as a dealer would do,,,ya think?
If you have any suggestions, bring it on.
Gary and Sheryl

MS 36SB3 2007 #3565
shergry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 11:50 AM   #2
Gunship Guy

I think with what you're describing you'd have just as much luck fixing it yourself. The dealer folks will probably play with it a little and it may not turn out as well. I went through our entire trailer and retouched all the nail holes. Original filler didn't match. I seriously doubt a tech at the dealership would have spent the time finding every nail hole like I did.

I'm very particular about our trailer and don't even want anyone else touching it unless it's something well beyond my capabilities. So far that hasn't happened. My issues have been very minor in nature.

Gunship Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 12:13 PM   #3
shergry

Thanks for info, Gunship Guy. Went to the other rv forum and have to agree that there are a lot of grumbilers (new word), talking about things they don't know about.
Looking into stains for problem. As for the nails....there are so many....they tried to cover, maybe touch up with stain, too.
Also, saw on tv where they painted corners of wood on the inside before they put them together, thot maybe it would work on the seams that are seen on this wood veneer.
Nice truck, and thanks again, like doing things ourselves too!

Gary and Sheryl
MS 36SB3 2007 #3565
shergry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 07:35 PM   #4
bstark

Gunship Guy:

I suspect you've nicely summarized most of our feelings regarding "others" working on our rigs. Having spent my life working in the technical trades, I prefer to tackle any and every problem that comes up with the conviction that at least any "screw-up" is mine and mine alone.