Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-04-2006, 02:18 PM   #1
rd&gj

All about the 2870UK

Greetings all Jazz owners ~

I am just now able to get back to the forums. Although we were only able to take a few trips in our new Jazz this year (retirement is just around the corner ), I have been utilizing forums, querying through search engines, reading everything I can get my hands on; not to mention, purchasing all sorts of goodies for our new 5th wheel. Once Spring hits, we will be off on our road trips and camping as much as we can/want.

I downloaded the user guide before we made our purchase. It was very informative (although very basic), especially since we had never owned a totally self-contained unit before. However, I was disappointed that we did not receive a more detailed owners manual once we took ownership. I have written Thor CA, but they do not provide these to retail customers.

I was hoping I could get some responses regarding a couple of questions I have to our particular model, such as:
Is the San-T-Flush unit that was installed at the factory a one jet system or a two jet system?
Does anyone know the dimensions of the holding tanks?

In advance, I appreciate any information anyone can provide. JW

Pullrite Super Glide - under mount, 16K; Prodigy
rd&gj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 10:18 PM   #2
JazzMan

Hello!

As a 2870UK owner and long time RV technician, I purchased this model for many reasons but, when it comes to tanks, they are pretty shallow. In my tour of the Jazz plant near my local in SoCal (Plant is in Moreno Valley, CA) I believe the tanks were all pretty much about 8-10 inches deep and the width of the trailer frame rails. Generally, the front/rear lengths were 48" approximately.

As far as the santi-flush goes, it is a one nozzle unit (positioned and works well in my opinion)

Nice to meet some other 2870 owners out there!

Tony Thomas
RVMD Mobile RV Service