Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-04-2021, 01:40 PM   #1
Roam America

Furion Microwave/Convection Oven

My (POS) Furion me/oven died. It was working and then it wasn’t. The Convection part never worked very well so really would like a different option.

Are there any other RV MW/C ovens on the market that is better?

Has anyone replaced the Furion with a residential model? I’ve looked at them and there are models the same size and venting. Is there any additional bracing required to hold while bouncing down the highway so as not to rip the wall down.

Suggestions appreciated.

Roam America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 04:50 PM   #2
Notanlines

Ours is a residential Whirlpool and has worked flawlessly for four years, both microwave and convection.

Notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 08:54 PM   #3
terry and jo

Beck in 2010 when we ordered our Mobile Suites, they came with a GE microwave/convection oven. Wife would like to get a newer one with a rack inside, but our original just won't quit working.

We live full time in ours, so it gets lots of use, but we are out on our Summer work gig and not at the RV, so I can't give you the exact name.

Edit: I just remembered the name, although I'm not sure GE makes the same one any more. I'm pretty sure ours is a GE Advantium.

Terry
2010 Mobile Suites 38TKSB3 #5332 - 2008 Ford F450
Terry's Smugmug Site
terry and jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 06:08 AM   #4
Notanlines

Terry, they are still for sale, new technology.
https://www.geappliances.com/applian...gy-PSA9120SFSS
From the comment section:
"This microwave/oven is similar to our last GE microwave/oven, with lots more features. I love the two racks that I can use with this convection oven feature. It gives us so much more versatility in the kitchen. The controls are user friendly and intuitive. I love all the pre-set selections for using the microwave. It takes the guess work out of preparation. This oven must have been designed by a woman!"
Harley Road King & sidecar
Notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 06:37 AM   #5
RJShiflet

I wonder if you just got a bad Furrion? We have one in our 2017 Cardinal and it has worked flawlessly for the past four years. So much so, we've never even had the burner lit in our normal oven. We love ours and have been 100% satisfied with it.
RJShiflet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 10:23 AM   #6
Roam America

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJShiflet View Post
I wonder if you just got a bad Furrion? We have one in our 2017 Cardinal and it has worked flawlessly for the past four years. So much so, we've never even had the burner lit in our normal oven. We love ours and have been 100% satisfied with it.
I hope your experience continues with Furrion.

We had a Furrion oven that couldn't maintain 350 degrees. I had DRV remove the oven and put the 3 drawer option in 2 years ago. The door hinge on the microwave starting sagging slightly about 6 months ago; had to lift on the handle to open/close the door. We decided then to replace it, but procrastination being what it is, it died first.

I am picking up a Whirlpool combo MW/CO tomorrow. The GE I wanted is nowhere to be found, not even from GE direct. All out of stock with a definite maybe in stock date mid June.

Thanks to all for the feedback.
Roam America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 07:21 AM   #7
ford truck guy11

Our Redwood had a Furrion that acted the same as above.. It could NOT hold 30... Cooking was not even an option...

It took ONE call to the folks at Redwood factory along with video of the thermometer inside the oven and a new oven was shipped directly to us.. This one has been great for the past year or so...

ford truck guy11 is offline   Reply With Quote