Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-22-2022, 07:21 PM   #1
ddm502001

Heavier duty truck package

I am a tad bit on the Overkill side with my Project hauler.

I traded from two old GM 70 series trucks into a 2005 Kenworth Class 8. Been two years overhauling the necessities as Engine, Brakes, Suspension, some trans work and a full cab repaint. I am closing in on having the Beast Licensable where will not be able to tag RV, will be weight tagged for other purposes beyond Toter.

Engine is Cat, Suspension eight bag air ride. Excuse the fenders in the photo as was doing initial install set up on them before body work and their repaint.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0541.JPG (276.2 KB, 28 views)

ddm502001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2022, 07:24 PM   #2
ddm502001

Intention is to acquire a USED 30+/- footer Fifth Wheel Toy Hauler. Place our Motorcycle inside and go to our favored places to ride out of state, spend Weeks away from home. Wife was tired of Heat Cold Wet Dusty conditions Getting to other states on the Bike, gets to ride AC Comfort with Radio and a sleeping/napping compartment yet still be able to get in cycle rides.

Old 10-22-2022, 07:28 PM   #3
ddm502001

This is where the Beast started, sat 6 years, engine damage, did not run.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_8328.JPG (299.9 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_8444.JPG (188.9 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_8715.JPG (246.6 KB, 13 views)
Old 10-31-2022, 04:56 PM   #4
Dave The AV Guy

Looks like quite the project! Will your wife take turns driving it? I can't even get my wife to drive our pickup by itself, let alone pulling our 38" 5th wheel.
Dave The AV Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2022, 05:19 PM   #5
ddm502001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave The AV Guy View Post
Looks like quite the project! Will your wife take turns driving it? I can't even get my wife to drive our pickup by itself, let alone pulling our 38" 5th wheel.
Wife cannot handle the Eaton Fuller, drives her insane as to the "School Bus" F250 I have so this Behemoth is well out of the question!!

Spent two years, roughly 6-7 months of steady work between finances catch ups to put the old Cat back together with repairs to Transmission and new clutch, then as had in-between times on Cab and Sleeper component repairs, moved to Body work and all Brakes with Suspension. Most of the Air Chamber Cans were junk, Slack Adjusters were an Automatic Slack take-up type but Well Past OVERDue for replacements.

Financially I am in it for around $50,000, cannot buy a Ton or Ton and Half for Double That and have a decent tow machine.
Old 11-01-2022, 08:23 PM   #6
Dave A

Nice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddm502001 View Post
Wife cannot handle the Eaton Fuller, drives her insane as to the "School Bus" F250 I have so this Behemoth is well out of the question!!

Spent two years, roughly 6-7 months of steady work between finances catch ups to put the old Cat back together with repairs to Transmission and new clutch, then as had in-between times on Cab and Sleeper component repairs, moved to Body work and all Brakes with Suspension. Most of the Air Chamber Cans were junk, Slack Adjusters were an Automatic Slack take-up type but Well Past OVERDue for replacements.

Financially I am in it for around $50,000, cannot buy a Ton or Ton and Half for Double That and have a decent tow machine.
I'm an old diesel mechanic and you done a ton of work on the Beast! Looks good! Hope you guys have a great time with it.