Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-17-2013, 09:34 AM   #1
VIIISecondRide

Kit Elite 294-no power from battey

I have a 1989 Kit Roadranger Elite 294 I bought pretty much gutted. It must have had a leaky roof and the PO re-sealed the roof and took out the top cabinets and rug and stuff. I have rebuilt most of the interior, but without the upper cabs. I have power to the fuse box 12 volt side coming from the inverter, so the 12v system works. I do NOT have power from the battery to the box. I am trying to trace the wire from the battery back, but loose it. It goes inside the wall at the battery and seems to go up. The fuse box is on the opposite side of the camper on the floor. I believe the wire runs along the ceiling, when I was climbing the ladder to the roof and my arms were damp, I felt a tingle when both my arms touched the metal roof. Sould I simply run a new wire and eliminate this wire? Or is there a way to find the short without disassembling the camper? Is there any way to get a wiring diagram? Thanks in advance! Sherri
2001 F350 4x4 crew cab dually 7.3
2000 F250 4x4 crew cab SRW 7.3
and other misc. Power Strokes
VIIISecondRide is offline   Reply With Quote