RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Old 01-17-2021, 12:15 PM   #21
RLopez

Thank you, Exposed.

RLopez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 07:55 AM   #22
USA in a Chevrolet

A Simple Solution

I had the same problem of a slide out creeping out 10 years ago when I purchased my 2010 DRV Select Suites on my very first trip. I called Lippert & was told they would look at it but suggested I try the following. First when extending slides start with bedroom then kitchen then dining room. When retracting slides go in opposite order. Now the important thing. After you have hooked up to your truck & retracted landing gear & levelers, go inside & bump each slide switch to the in position. When I did that the slide would go in a fraction of an inch. Lippert said that by doing this it equalizes pressure on all cylinders. Since that first day I have always done this & never had a creeping problem again. We still have our Select Suites & travel at least 12000 miles each year. Of course Iíve made lots of improvements such as the forever roof & many others. Try this if you still have the problem after your repairs. As for construction materials my fiver was made by DRV when it was still owned by David Fought. And yes itís 10 years old but looks brand new.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 8904DFCD-60A2-430C-8273-0B45BDB9D1E5.jpg (327.2 KB, 4 views)

USA in a Chevrolet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 10:46 AM   #23
terry and jo

Like USA in a Chevrolet, our Mobile Suites is also a 2010 model. At one of the regional rallies back then, we found out about the sequence that he mentioned on the slide operation. What I didn't know about was the "bumping" of the slides after hooking up, but then, we've not had an issue with slides coming out.

Terry
2010 Mobile Suites 38TKSB3 #5332 - 2008 Ford F450
Terry's Smugmug Site
terry and jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 11:06 AM   #24
Exposed

Interesting information. I would probably agree as long as the last button you pushed was for the slide having the issue. It seems retracting any of the other hydraulic cylinders after the troubled slide is in, it will come back out. For the first couple trips, we could just reset that slide (bring in/out) and it would be fine. But later, the current solution showed that did not work anymore fixing the issue. Thanks for the information..
Exposed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 12:13 AM   #25
terry and jo

As it was explained to us, by operating the slides in the "correct" order, it caused the system to purge any air in the lines back to the reservoir. That is why the order was front to back and back to front.

That said, I have NO CLUE as to whether air in the lines had/have any relationship to a slide slipping back out. The only other thing that "might" have a bearing is having the "additive" added to the hydraulic fluid. That has supposedly had a positive effect by helping to keep the jack cylinders from leaking down. I can't speak to that personally because we've never had issues with our hydraulics. (We've also not been frequent movers, thus our slides and jacks don't get much of a workout.)

Terry
2010 Mobile Suites 38TKSB3 #5332 - 2008 Ford F450
Terry's Smugmug Site
terry and jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 05:55 AM   #26
RLopez

Thank you, Terry and Jo
Good luck Today Exposed if you happen to work on your unit.
RLopez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 07:53 AM   #27
Exposed

Finishing another project first

Today, I was going to start on the hose/cylinder project but I hate to start a new project when I already have another project going. I am posting another one of my projects on a different post here in the DRV section. I want to finish building my jack pads I started prior to this blog... I hope to start on this tomorrow...

Exposed is offline   Reply With Quote