Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   5thWheelForums.com > 5th Wheel Brand Forums > DRV | Formerly Doubletree
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-04-2011, 09:48 PM   #1
oldSalt

Broken Shock Mount

Sometime last summer the lower shock mount (they're welded to the bottom of the spring plate) snapped off. Not sure when it happened as the shock was just hanging from the upper mount. We've been parked at our winter home in the RGV since last October and I found the broken mount when I crawled under to lube the suspension. I need a new Monroe shock and a new spring plate. Question...will it hurt to tow the rig without the shock? My thought is it won't cause any damage as our first rig had absolutely no shocks on it. The spring plate is not damaged other than the shock mount is missing.

Almost forgot, our MS has the Trail Saver suspension.

Reason for question is we're leaving the Valley headed to Florida in a few days and doubt if I can get replacements before we leave. We can stay here longer, but we're both suffering from hitch itch and want to get on the road.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Jim