Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-05-2011, 01:46 PM   #1
dalehandsome

A few new modifications

We have been admirers of those who participate on this and other sites and appreciate the wealth of information we have received the past 18 months while we have been fultiming in Macon and Augusta, Georgia. We have not participated much due to a commitment with our church that did not allow us a lot of free time. We have now completed this commitment and hopefully we will be able to get out and see this great country of ours and also meet some of you. We will not be full timers again for a few years because we also own a condo in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico where we spend the winters. The suite is our spring, summer and fall home. We decided a few years ago that we wanted something in the States that was more mobile allowing us the opportunity to visit many of the sites in this great country. We had a few things customized to our needs from the factory and have also done a few improvements ourselves. I tried to attach photos to this site but was not successful. The photographs can be viewed at http://dalehandsome.smugmug.com/OurH...20351208_rKviQ

1st - We recently installed doors in the front of the kitchen island which gave us additional usable storage and also made access to the kitchen plumbing a cinch. This was an easy install for the handy man. The doors are available from DRV for $75.00 each.

2nd – When we ordered our unit in 2010 we had them put the fireplace in the corner of island and filling cabinets were the fire place usually goes. We also had them remove the computer keyboard shelf under the desk and put in a pencil/misc. drawer. We love the filing cabinets in this location. They are not large enough for hanging folders but work beautifully with the plastic folders. The TV is a 46” Samsung HD 3D. We installed this and the rest of the entertainments stuff ourselves shortly after we took delivery In May of 2010. This unit with this beautiful and useful desk is what solidified the deal with DRV. I love this desk and this is where I spend much of my time. I found a nice comfortable executive chair on wheels that would slide under the desk when not in use. The corner of the counter overhangs the fireplace and makes a great mantle. The fireplace is also closer to our lazy boy love seat recliner which is nice in cold weather.

3rd – We had the factory install the sliding pantry which is usually only available in the models without the side bath. My wife loves this pantry because it gives her more efficient and usable space. She loves her kitchen and especially the L shaped counter. I have told her of the many comments from owners who do not like the L shape counter because it makes it difficult for two people to work in the kitchen at one time. To this she simply said “just stay out of the kitchen and there will not be a problem”. My friends, this is a no brainer. She is happy in the kitchen and I am happy behind my desk. LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL AND SO IS MY WIFE AND HER COOKING!!

Thanks again for all you have taught us.

Dale and Marian Hansen
38TKSB3

Dale P. Hansen
www.grumpagladma.wordpress.com
www.dalehandsome.smugmug.com

dalehandsome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 04:58 PM   #2
Carny Bill

Mods

Very nice looking unit. I like what u have done.

12 Blue Elite #6296 38RS3
08 chevy C3500
09 yel spyder toad
Carny Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 05:04 PM   #3
Stripit

Send a message via AIM to Stripit Send a message via MSN to Stripit Send a message via Yahoo to Stripit
Very nice. Thanks for sharing. Really like the doors on the backside of the kitchen sink. Great idea!
1991 Avanti Conv
Stripit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 06:09 AM   #4
jas24

Great mods you guys did....really nice

06 F-350 Lariat 4x4 V-10 CC SRW LB
06 Mobile Suites 36CK3
jas24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 03:52 PM   #5
ponch

Send a message via AIM to ponch Send a message via MSN to ponch
Very Nicely Done