Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-22-2020, 08:22 PM   #1
Tenbrooks

Ceiling Fan Replacement

The DRV installed living room ceiling fan in our 2019 40KSSB4 just doesn't work. It doesn't move air in either direction. It's a hugger fan installed very close to the ceiling and I'm thinking there is no room for air to feed the fan from above the blades, or the pitch of the blades is flat, or the fan is just cheap.

Do you guys have any recommendations for a replacement fan? This should be a simple change out so I'm thinking any fan from Home Depot or Lowes would work. I'm thinking about replacing the hugger style fan with one that has a short 2-3" rod to move the fan down. Our rig has high ceilings.

2019 DRV Mobile Suites 40KSSB4
Tenbrooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 10:00 PM   #2
Stripit

Send a message via AIM to Stripit Send a message via MSN to Stripit Send a message via Yahoo to Stripit
On my 36 TK3 the fan blades just barely cleared the slide out as it came in. Lowering the blades any on my rig would never had worked. I did alter the blades a bit by using washers under one edge of the mounting unit to give the blades a bit more arch and some air movement.

1991 Avanti Conv
Stripit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 11:23 AM   #3
Cummins12V98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenbrooks View Post
The DRV installed living room ceiling fan in our 2019 40KSSB4 just doesn't work. It doesn't move air in either direction. It's a hugger fan installed very close to the ceiling and I'm thinking there is no room for air to feed the fan from above the blades, or the pitch of the blades is flat, or the fan is just cheap.

Do you guys have any recommendations for a replacement fan? This should be a simple change out so I'm thinking any fan from Home Depot or Lowes would work. I'm thinking about replacing the hugger style fan with one that has a short 2-3" rod to move the fan down. Our rig has high ceilings.
Join the DRV section of the Thor Forum, there is a good writeup on this subject.
2015 RAM LongHorn Dually Air ride Aisin 4:10's

2016 MS 39TKSB3 "Highly Elited"
Cummins12V98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 05:56 PM   #4
routemaster

Send a message via AIM to routemaster
Fan

I took out the hugger fan and I bought one from HD builders mod works really good. I made a new ceiling rose instead of the plastic one. I cut a down tube and the fan will be inside slide out room ceiling.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg New Fan with my made rose.JPG (458.3 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg New Fan.JPG (468.7 KB, 8 views)