Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-01-2019, 11:20 AM   #1
JonnyRidinDirty

What kind of countertops do you have in your RV?

Hey guys I'm new here.

I have been trying to look online for some different countertop ideas in RVs (Preferably Quartz). I'm not too interested in the popular granite look a lot of people have. Do you guys know if I would go to an RV customization shop for this or can I treat this "kitchen" like my house and just call a local fabricator? Also, financial estimates would be appreciated as I don't even know how much Quartz costs compared to your average granite.
JonnyRidinDirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 11:46 AM   #2
SamIam

I think a fabricator should be able to do that for you. I have granite but I will admit, it is very porous which means that it harbors bacteria overtime. You need to reseal the surface every 6 months to a year depending on how much wear you do. I will look online for some info on the Quartz
SamIam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 11:57 AM   #3
MTK46

I have Corian in my Mobile Suites. The nice thing about it is you can cut it without any special tools. Wife found a used sheet at a thrift shop. She has redone two of our window sills at home. Our dog shewed on them when it was a puppy. They were wood so she cut them out & installed the Corian. They look great. Helps that I married a farm gal from S.D.
2011 Mobile Suites 36RSSB3 #5556
2017 F-350 CC 6.7 diesel dually, Banks Derringer tuner with super gauge
MTK46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 02:43 PM   #4
Notanlines

Jonny, any custom fabricator will do the job for you and installed price will range from $70-$120 per square foot.
Harley Road King & sidecar
Notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 11:21 AM   #5
SamIam

So I guess a fabricator would be able to do it for you Jonny. I found this article that breaks down the costs of Quartz.

https://marble.com/articles/guide-to...untertop-costs

Hope this helps and post pictures ��
SamIam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 12:10 PM   #6
JonnyRidinDirty

Sam you found exactly what I was looking for, I needed some ideas for the different shades of granite and how they price. Thanks guys
JonnyRidinDirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 03:27 PM   #7
elliott-maine

An easy way to add a couple of hundred pounds to your RV. Have seen a couple of quartz counter tops that have cracked. Take a video of your kitchen while you are driving on a less than perfect road and be amazed at how everything flexes. Quartz doesn't.
elliott-maine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 04:31 PM   #8
mdedgett

Our Elite Suite came standard with the quartz countertops. We opted to have it built with solid surface countertops to decrease the weight (increase payload capacity) and eliminate worry of breakage. Also eliminated the motor provided to lift the heavy quartz stovetop cover.
mdedgett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 06:25 PM   #9
Tile Guy

Hi guys, I have a Mobile Suite with Corian it scratches bit if you have the right equipment you can sand and re hone the product. I have a Tile and Stone company and installer by trade. I would NOT recommend installing Granite due to the fissures and stableness of the granite product. It will crack on you eventually. If it hasn't yet ;you can be sure it will. When it comes to quartz it is a little more forgiving but the weight of the 2 cm material is too much. I have seen granite products that are cut real thin and mounted on a honey comb materials for when they install in personal tricked out jets. it is a very spendy product from what I was told.
17.5 Wheels & Sailun Tires
Tile Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 12:06 PM   #10
CoMaddMax

I'm replacing the counter tops in my inherited 5th wheel with Corian due to the weight being less and I can do it myself which will save $$$! You and buy it online and have it shipped to your home.
www.solidsurface.com/products/surface/
2018 Chevy Duramax DRW
CoMaddMax is offline   Reply With Quote