Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-02-2011, 09:02 PM   #1
Bigriver

Selling my 36RE3

It's been a blast, but we've decided to sell our 06' 36RE3.

I'm the original owner, it's been stored in a totally enclosed locked facility and is in great condition.

We're moving on up to a Tiffin Allegro Bus, but have to sell the 5'er first.

Has a 5500 Onan generator and is priced at low retail scale.

http://www.rvtraderonline.com/listin...Suite-99197517

Thanks for all the opinions and suggestions over the years, I've learned a lot reading our posts here!

Walt

Old 08-04-2011, 08:58 AM   #2
Gemstone

Come on Walt...you say you've learned a lot by hangin' around here, then you insult us by sayin'...."moving on up to a Tiffin Allegro Bus"....Heck of a thing to say to a group of DRV owners .....

Hope you get your price
Gemstone

Old 08-04-2011, 07:44 PM   #3
chevman

Hope your allegro bus is better than my nieghbors. good luck to ya.
chevman
Old 08-05-2011, 09:29 AM   #4
hitchup

There has been a few other Suite owners switch to the Tiffin MH's. I've even considered it, but David keeps pulling me back to reality.

We see quite a few on the road. In June, one parked next to us had water pouring out from the basement. It must have been awhile, since it was flooding the street behind us.

I sent David over to turn the water off and then we walked up to the office to inform them, since the Bus owner had left earlier in the day. The office said he had a repairman out working on the WH earlier in the day. Oooppsy.
Working Fulltimers since 3/2005
hitchup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 06:42 AM   #5
Bigriver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemstone
Come on Walt...you say you've learned a lot by hangin' around here, then you insult us by sayin'...."moving on up to a Tiffin Allegro Bus"....Heck of a thing to say to a group of DRV owners .....

Hope you get your price
Gemstone
Gemstone, no insult or negative insinuation was meant. We considered a motorhome prior to buying our Doubletree, but couldn't afford it. We did decide to buy what we think was the best 5th wheel on the market, and this model has served us very well over the 22k plus miles we've towed it.

We're getting up in age and we're looking for more comfort while on long distance trips. My 1 ton dually is a great truck, but the ride is confining and sometimes rough.

As for Diesel Pushers, the Phaeton is #1 and Allegro Bus is #3 rated in sales in America. Customer service is highly rated and the factory is in Red Bay, AL, which is an easy day's drive from my home should I have to go there.

Again, no disrespect to you or any other DRV owner.
Old 08-08-2011, 08:09 AM   #6
Motor31

Having been a long time owner of a mobile suite I would consider a Tiffin product several steps up. Get off the idea that it is an insult, it isn't.

Tiffin has outstanding customer support and doesn't take the view that once you had it for a year it's all on you for help and service. If we could afford it we would do the same.
2005 MS 38RL
2007 Saturn Ion "toad"
2010 Gold Wing "piggyback"
Motor31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 12:15 PM   #7
Gemstone

Motor....you've been around long enough to know that I'm no DRV cheerleader....my comment was pure sarcasm....the comment about moving up was certainly no insult to me....lighten up a little...

Regards
Gemstone
Old 08-08-2011, 01:46 PM   #8
The View 5046

Well if we do and we have considered moving to a Motor Home, and more that likely it will be a Tiffin Allegro, its the only thing that comparies to the Mobile Suites. I know many who own the Tiffin Allergo products. But cost to own and to maintain is so much more with the Motor Home, and you can own several Mobile Suites for the cost of the Allegro... We have went to the Tampa Super Rv show two years in a row to look at the Motor Homes and we always wind up back at the Allegro and we will go back this year. I really don't consider it a upgrade from the Mobile Suites its a choice. And I'm older also, but you still will have many issues. There is no RV either Motor Home or a towed type RV that will hookup the water, sewer or electric. And I have owned the best ride as for a Truck, that being a Freightliner and I don't think any Motor Home will ride any better than the FL. Its a choice, be Happy, life is to short. I also know many who have went back to a 5th wheel from a Class A Diesel pusher. Happy Trails....

2010 Mobile Suites 38 RSSB 4 (SOLD)
Trailer Saver TS 3
Pressure Pro System (SOLD)
The View 5046 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 07:58 PM   #9
suite home bama

Just a note on Motorhome,, it's a beautiful coach.. great ride and super service from factory, I can vouch for that. I'm in my second DRV Mobile Suite, 2008 and now my 2011. Changed from afore mentioned coach to DRV after discovering the "FUN" of having a coach like . All I can say is I'm glad I'm in the Mobile Suite... I live in Alabama and have had issues with both and have issues with the Suite now, but am sure they will be handled well as in the past... the Cost of the issues is something to consider. More detail if anyone needs them.
Suite Home Bama
suite home bama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 08:39 AM   #10
Motor31

Gemstone, it was aimed at big river not you. Since smileys don't work here it's hard to keep things on track for tone of the post, sigh.
2005 MS 38RL
2007 Saturn Ion "toad"
2010 Gold Wing "piggyback"
Motor31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 07:34 PM   #11
chevman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigriver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemstone

Hope you get your price
Gemstone
Gemstone, no insult or negative insinuation was meant. We considered a motorhome prior to buying our Doubletree, but couldn't afford it. We did decide to buy what we think was the best 5th wheel on the market, and this model has served us very well over the 22k plus miles we've towed it.

We're getting up in age and we're looking for more comfort while on long distance trips. My 1 ton dually is a great truck, but the ride is confining and sometimes rough.

As for Diesel Pushers, the Phaeton is #1 and Allegro Bus is #3 rated in sales in America. Customer service is highly rated and the factory is in Red Bay, AL, which is an easy day's drive from my home should I have to go there.

Again, no disrespect to you or any other DRV owner.

Several friends have the tiffin MH's. You will visit the factory many times and learn the names of the workers. Good or bad?? who knows if it is close to your home it could be a good thing. Good luck to you and enjoy.
chevman
Old 08-10-2011, 07:50 PM   #12
jdwilson3

Thanks for your extremely valuable input chevman :lol: Hola Senor Larry.
Old 08-11-2011, 01:00 PM   #13
chevman

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdwilson3
Thanks for your extremely valuable input chevman :lol: Hola Senor Larry.
John just giving true information nothing more or less. I know many tiffin friends. Next door has one for sale. chevman
Old 08-27-2011, 03:50 AM   #14
Jack in Alaska

chevman............

Are you considering neighbors rig to replace your Alpine Lite.?????

I am going to try that RedMax Pro on my MS in PC and on my boat here in the spring.

CJ

Start Out Each Day Real Easy.......Then Taper Off
Jack in Alaska is offline   Reply With Quote