Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-12-2008, 09:31 AM   #1
Okie

Slide outs don't work

I need some ideas about the slide outs not working. My slide outs are all in right now and I am hooked up to shore power at my house. I hit the slide out buttons to open the slides but there is no responce on any of the switches. Everything else seems to be working fine (electric). Checked all the lights and the fridg, all working so is the awning and the rear stablizer. I checked all the circuit breakers and the fuses in the panel. I push the button on the slide outs (all) and no responce at all. Need Help any ideas.

Okie

Okie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 10:18 AM   #2
rdunk

There is a circuit breaker on the inside of the battery/hydraulic pump area - just a small breaker. I think it probably has a reset button on it. If it is tripped, the slides won't work. Check it out, as that may be the problem.

This breaker started tripping in our MS, and finally had it replaced. No problem since then.

Good luck!

Robert and Carlene

2005 RE3, S/N 2107 (sold Jan. 2010)
rdunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 01:44 PM   #3
ponch

Send a message via AIM to ponch Send a message via MSN to ponch
Make sure that the electric shutoff power switch, in the hydraulic door , isn't pushed in. That shuts off all power to the coach.

Ponch
Mobile Suites 2005 36CK3 #2307 w/ auto levelers/ phase 2
Air Safe Hitch
HD TV in the basement and living room and bedroom
HD MOTO SAT Auto Ant on roof
pressure pro
ponch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 03:01 PM   #4
Okie

Idon't know what happened here, I tryed to post a reply and it went off to never never land.
I found the problem. While looking for the circiut breaker I discovered all of the wires that go on the positive post of the battery (3) weren't there. I had disconnected the battery when I pulled out the tray to refill with distilled water. Three wires that were connected together on a little box bolted to the side of the wall near the batteries had come lose from the box and were arching against the wall so I disconnected the positive terminal of the battery while working on it. I only connected two of the wires back the other had dropped down behind the battery out of sight. If I hadn't gone in looking for the breaker I wouldn't have found that. I tried to post pictures of what I am talking about and thats when my other post went off to never land. My unit doesn't have a breaker in that location. It must have come after my unit was made.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dsc03149_128.jpg (89.1 KB, 93 views)
File Type: jpg dsc03151_470.jpg (68.1 KB, 93 views)
Old 04-12-2008, 03:07 PM   #5
Okie

Idon't know what happened here, I tryed to post a reply and it went off to never never land.
I found the problem. While looking for the circiut breaker I discovered all of the wires that go on the positive post of the battery (3) weren't there. I had disconnected the battery when I pulled out the tray to refill with distilled water. Three wires that were connected together on a little box bolted to the side of the wall near the batteries had come lose from the box and were arching against the wall so I disconnected the positive terminal of the battery while working on it. I only connected two of the wires back the other had dropped down behind the battery out of sight. If I hadn't gone in looking for the breaker I wouldn't have found that. I tried to post pictures of what I am talking about and thats when my other post went off to never land. My unit doesn't have a breaker in that location. It must have come after my unit was made.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dsc03149_128.jpg (89.1 KB, 94 views)
File Type: jpg dsc03151_470.jpg (68.1 KB, 94 views)
Old 04-12-2008, 03:09 PM   #6
Okie

Soory about the double post. Thanks for the help and suggestions.

Okie
Old 04-12-2008, 03:43 PM   #7
ponch

Send a message via AIM to ponch Send a message via MSN to ponch
On your last picture, where the wires with the blue conectors are, is where the breaker is. It does not look like a breaker. It is just a black, small, button on the end of the box.

Glad you found your problem.

Ponch

Mobile Suites 2005 36CK3 #2307 w/ auto levelers/ phase 2
Air Safe Hitch
HD TV in the basement and living room and bedroom
HD MOTO SAT Auto Ant on roof
pressure pro
ponch is offline   Reply With Quote