Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-26-2011, 10:40 PM   #1
kfrimr

carry a printer?

Where do you keep your printer? We are starting to put together our wish list for our next suite. I office from our MS home. I built a printer drawer where many of you have your fireplace. I want a fire place in our next one so need to decide where to put the printer. I am looking for ideas... Thanks
Kent

kfrimr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 10:25 AM   #2
FritzandCheryl

We have a 2010 38RSSB3 and we keep ours in the cabinet to the right of the stereo cabinet. When I need it, I just pull it out and hook up the printer and off I go.

Fritz

FritzandCheryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 10:59 AM   #3
Joezilla

Our printer is an all in one but doesn't have fax. It is a Canon MP560. It is wireless and detects our Verizon MIFI with no problems. We keep it plugged in and it rests in the cabinet to the right of the entertainment center in out 38TKSB3. We just hit print on our laptops and open the cabinet door to get our printout. Love it!

Joe
Joezilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 07:24 PM   #4
kfrimr

Joe, Fritz
You both say the cabinet to the right of the entertainment center. Is the the roll top appliance garage? That's an interesting idea. Thanks for the input, are there any other ideas.
Kent
Old 11-27-2011, 09:53 PM   #5
FritzandCheryl

No, Our printer is stored on the right side of the entertainment center. There are three sections to the entertainment center above the TV and mine is located on the right side. But, storing it in the convenience center would be a good idea. It has a plug in already installed. You could put a slide tray in the center so you could just slide out the printer when you need to use it.

Hope you had a good Turkey day.

Fritz
FritzandCheryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 12:11 AM   #6
Carny Bill

printer

we have ours velcroed to counter top in the bedroom and connect to it wireless...
12 Blue Elite #6296 38RS3
08 chevy C3500
09 yel spyder toad
Carny Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 07:00 AM   #7
RodeWorthy

Where to put the printer

Hi Kent,
Where to put the printer gives us lots to think about. I agree that the fireplace is desireable -- we love ours and it supplies good practical heat too.

I have not done this yet but I am going to. I store my printer under the bed right up against the foot of the bed. It is a pain to retrieve it for its intended purpose but then I don't print that much. I intend to open up the end of the bed and put a slide drawer there so the printer can be easily rolled out when needed and out of sight when not. I had power installed inside the bed storage area when the trailer was built. The source of this 110VAC is in the cap area and a cable was run up through the access panel under the bed. This has to be routed carefully because the bed moves in and out. Don't want pinched wires here. The AC cable was installed in flexible plastic conduit. The printer is wireless for the data connection. Just another idea. Hope this helps.

Are you near home these days? We will be in that area next week. Going to Usery Mountain Regional Park on Thursday. Currently near Safford.

'07 Mobile Suites 36RS3 #3910
Mor/ryde IS, Trailersaver TS3 hitch
Level-Up with Remote Control
4 x 135W Solar Panels, Outback Controller, 4 x 6V batteries, Xantrex Inverter/Charger
'08 Chevy 3500 dually Duramax/Allison
RodeWorthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 09:17 AM   #8
Motor31

We use our printer (kodak all in one) so infrequently that I just let it stay in the box until needed. I use it mostly to print up the insurance proof for the vehicles or the occassional form I get via e-mail.
2005 MS 38RL
2007 Saturn Ion "toad"
2010 Gold Wing "piggyback"
Motor31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 11:03 AM   #9
Joezilla

We had originally intended to put the wireless printer in the laundry area, on one of the shelves in there, but decided the right hand entertainment cabinet would work better. I cut a hole at the back of the cabinet to get into the main entertainment area so I could get to the electric plugs. No problems. All hidden. Working great.

Joe
Joezilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 08:45 PM   #10
kfrimr

Great Ideas, thanks , under the bed with a slideout. That is a new one. I like that. Since I still work and office from our MS having the printer in the entertainment center has worked well, it is close.

RoadWorthy"Are you near home these days? We will be in that area next week. Going to Usery Mountain Regional Park on Thursday. Currently near Safford."

Great to hear from you, yes we are at home and our home is in Phoenix right now. We have been here since the first of November, and will remain until end of April. We have been asked to return to Seattle for next summer so we may do that.

Kent
Old 12-06-2011, 10:10 AM   #11
hitchup

This weekend I was envisioning the new extended Suite closets. Am sure if you check, there may be space to switch out one of the drawer units in the closet to a rolling shelf and even add a plug-in.

I know I read on here where someone had something similar done in the dinette area when their's was built. But our printer is too deep (12" closed) to place in one of the sides cabinets in the buffet cabinet (9").
Working Fulltimers since 3/2005
hitchup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 01:37 PM   #12
47hook

I put our printer on a top shelf in the glass doored cabinet above the appliance garage that is between the kitchen and the TV. I then drilled a big enough hole through the back corner of the shelves to drop the electric cord and USB cable down to the wall socket that is in the garage. I also reinforced the shelf to better handle the weight of the printer. When needed I just hook up the USB cable to the laptop and print away.
2013 MS 38RESB3 #6393, modified with ES stuff & Garnet Paint

"The older I get, the better I was!"
47hook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 10:00 PM   #13
soos

we keep ours in the bedroom closet, on a shelf we put in above the floor of the closet, on the end closest to the bed. we just plug it n from there and have no issues with it. its out of the way when we dont need it.

pulled by a 2011 Ford F450 Lariat
soos is offline   Reply With Quote