Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-02-2017, 07:10 AM   #1
Bosstweed

Question Slide problem

I have a 2017 DRV, 39DBRS3,purchased new in August 2016. We placed it in a campground in NC right after purchase, used it till October, winterized it and left it till May, this year. When we returned to the site in May and opened up the camper, everything was fine except the Kitchen slide would not go out. A mechanic came out and he took the wires from the Dining room slide and switched them with the Kitchen slide and it went out. We took pictures, sent to Lippert, they said new solenoid is needed and sent the part. We installed it, no change, same problem. The slide is out, and I can bring it in ok, but it will not go out unless wires are switched. Any one have any ideas on what to do?

Bosstweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 08:52 AM   #2
golf_bears

The activation switch probably has one of the wires disconnected. You'll need to pull the switch and check that all the wires are connected.

The fact that when you switched the wires from the other slide and it worked would lead me to believe it's a wiring issue and not a bad valve.

I had to do this one time for the front jacks when it was 8 degrees above zero. At least you have some decent weather there.

Check the wiring.

golf_bears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 09:06 AM   #3
Dapperdan

That's great advice golf bears, earlier this year while adding fluid to my reservoir I inadvertently disconnected one of the wires to my front jack solenoid. They wouldn't move in either direction when pressing the button, scratched my head a bit, looked it over closer and then discovered I had a "loose" wire. Reconnected it and we were back in business.

Dan
Dapperdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 09:15 AM   #4
Bosstweed

Thanks Golf Bears, I'll check that.
Bosstweed is offline   Reply With Quote