Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-23-2021, 11:32 AM   #1
TMag

Hello From Texas

Newish rig and simi-new to RVing. My wife and I (56 and 55yo) have about 7 years in. Turns out thats just enough age and experience to get into real trouble.

Yesterday we signed papers on a 2017 36' DRV, so pending survey, she will he ours. WAY more than we wanted to spend but bad experiences with cheaper models closed the deal. Lurking on here the past few months certainly helped with decision making. For other new folks: The search function is your friend. Most questions can be answered in less time than it takes to start a new thread.

Home base for us is Magnolia Texas, about an hour north of Houston. Im retired from Oil and Gas, wifey is in Orthodontics. Got a teeth question, just ask!

Shameless plug: We got great deals on Invisalign from the areas #1 dealer.

Tow vehicle is a 2020 Dodge DRW Diesel. Had a bad experience with Ford (water in fuel)

We've been out of the game a few years and very excited to be here..... And be back on the road!

Take Care Out There
Tom and Donna

TMag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 04:33 PM   #2
Notanlines

Tom and Donna, welcome to the forum. And yes, it is a good place to get info. I'd be kind of interested in when Ford put that water in your fuel?

Harley Road King & sidecar
Notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 09:06 AM   #3
TMag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notanlines View Post
Tom and Donna, welcome to the forum. And yes, it is a good place to get info. I'd be kind of interested in when Ford put that water in your fuel?
Bwahahaha thats a good one, actually ford didn't sneak over and dose my tank. But they did "knowingly use a fuel pump that wasn't designed for the wet diesel sold on the American market" (words from the lawyer) It aint your ole 7.3L. Then Farm Bureau insurance said the fuel sample they pulled, that had about an inch of water in it, was just fine. Their words.... "We know ford has problems so we're not covering it." $10k for repairs, and the death wobble caused the trade in.

Anyways thats the short story. Thanks for the welcome!!
TMag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 02:28 PM   #4
Notanlines

Ours came from water in the fuel off I90 and we made it as far as Mankato, MN. Best Ford service manager ever took care of everything. A week later we were down the road again. Sold that 350 and ordered this 450.
Odd that you would go to Dodge with their death wobble history. I know all three have had their troubles, but Dodge was the only one with the big buy-back.
Anyway, good luck, you have good products in both!
Harley Road King & sidecar
Notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2021, 08:11 PM   #5
Luv2RVCouple

Happy camping to you.
Ford death wobble is supposed to be covered by Ford. There is an easy inexpensive after market fix, by the way. Never had water in our fuel. Have had ford trucks for many years (over 30).

Enjoy your rig.
Luv2RVCouple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2021, 02:44 PM   #6
OneReallyOldGuy

What is a death wobble?
OneReallyOldGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2021, 09:19 PM   #7
wingnut60
Site Team

Several brands over the years have had front suspension problems that cause the front end to vibrate severely when a pothole or railroad crossing is hit--cannot be stopped without hard braking or coming to a complete stop. Jeeps, Dodges, Fords have had this reported. Never had the problem myself, but been in some vehicles as a passenger when it happened--so bad, loss of control is possible, thus the 'death wobble'.

2005 TK3 #1869, 10 yrs of memories,
2017 F450 KR--one more Ford is it
2009 F450 4x4-died; 2010 F450-retired
wingnut60 is offline   Reply With Quote