Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-25-2010, 07:55 PM   #1
morscuba

Looking For a leak,,,find out your spare tire is gone.

Had Stanley Steamer come in to clean the carpets and discovered that I have had a leak in the "off door" rear of the trailer. The carpet was wet and the molding along the floor was so wet it was crumbling to the touch.
Spent the next day re-sealing around the window and the electric outlet box,,,etc etc...Called DRV and they told me to check the seal between the slide out and the wall.
Got down and there it was about an inch gap in the seal,,,so everytime I've been driving in the rain (or snow) the water has been going right in just like I invited it.. Well while crawling around underneath the trailer.. LoNBehold no spare..I know it didn't fall off because there was no damage to the undercarriage (not a mark) and I'm pretty sure the front end of the SmartCar would have been damaged. And on top of that the cable was rolled up almost to the top. I had to leave the MS several times the last couple of months for a week or so at a time. So my guess is somebody got a brand new 17.7 wheel and tire. I got a quote from DRV for $745.00 delivered to me so will be doing a bit more checking.. I'll also be filing a comp claim..(about time I got some of the premium back).
Check the spare folks..That would have been kinda bad if I had a flat in some of the places I go..