Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-06-2021, 09:58 AM   #1
JustinChase

drawer slide replacement

I have an 03 Carri-Lite, and all the drawers have the under/side mount, simple drawer slides that require the drawer to be lifted a bit to open the drawers.

Several of the rear plastic slide mounts are broken and some of the actual slides are bent or damaged also. I feel these are very cheap/poorly made items, so I'm considering upgrading to something better.

I can't find anything, anywhere that seem to be 'locking' drawer slides. Soft close slides have a bit of resistance to opening, but probably not enough to prevent a heavy drawer from opening while traveling.

So, I'm curious what others are doing to keep their drawers 'locked' closed while traveling, and also have better drawer operation for daily use.

I've looked at purchasing the simple/cheap slides to simply replace what i already have, as a temporary/cheap fix, but they are literally sold out everywhere. i cannot find anyplace to purchase these slides, so maybe there is a good replacement i should be looking for, but I have no idea what that is.

Appreciate any help or suggestions for this situation.

JustinChase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2021, 07:24 PM   #2
labarn

I replaced a couple of drawer glides and the drawer's had to be lifted to come out. A tab can be bent to make it easier or harder. Home depot had what I needed to get the same as when new. labarn AKA chevman

labarn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2021, 08:50 PM   #3
OCB

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinChase View Post
Soft close slides have a bit of resistance to opening, but probably not enough to prevent a heavy drawer from opening while traveling.
I have the soft close slide hardware and no problems except maybe a failure. I just replaced my second in 6 years, Not bad for 21 drawers
Clay 2016 DRV
OCB is offline   Reply With Quote