Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-05-2021, 06:25 PM   #1
Sonshineclg

Splendide TVM63X

Hello from Tennessee,
I have a 2012 56' Monte Carlo. Yes, it is 56'. We are full timers. I have a problem with the Splendide dryer. The dryer had given me fits for some time with blowing thermostats. Both at the drum and at the heating elements. It was random. I noticed after the umpteenth time that there seemed to be an excessive amount of dryer lint on the components inside the dryer components. I found the internal tube that went from the dryer drum (front) to the outside (back) was not sealed in any way and was leaking into the components area. This caused lint to cover the thermostats and blow. So I vacuumed, sealed, and this fixed thermostats blowing. I say that to give a little background. Related to this new problem or not, I do not know. The new problem is, when on high heat mode it will only operate for a short time and stop. Then it will not restart. Let it set for a couple minutes and restart and it runs for 30 seconds to a minute and stops again and won't restart. Repeat. If I put it on low heat it faults out once to rarely in a while as mentioned and clothes get dried. Just takes longer. Any idea what component this could be or where to begin troubleshooting. I am an electrician, so I can spend a whole day troubleshooting or see if someone else can assist me on finding the problem faster by their having had this problem and then the remedy. Thanks to all.

Sonshineclg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2021, 03:25 PM   #2
BearKeller

Call Splendide direct. I called them a couple years ago and they were very helpful figuring out the problem and sending me the parts and the worked!

BearKeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2023, 07:05 PM   #3
Gamma

I would search for a snap disc, if your an electrician you probably know what they look like and how easy to replace. They have a temp rating stamped onto them. Any of the appliance parts sites likey have them. I have also bought them on amazon.
Gamma is offline   Reply With Quote