Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

View Poll Results: Would you buy a DRV 5th wheel AGAIN?
Indeed, I would do so again! 22 64.71%
Possibly, but my experience was less than stellar with mine 7 20.59%
Probably not, I did not have a great experience with mine 1 2.94%
Definitely not, I had a bad experience with mine 4 11.76%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-31-2019, 12:40 PM   #21
porkchop

In a heart beat I would. And I personally don't think a dealer makes any difference. I would buy by low price and deal with the factory. They have always treated us fairly and we travel too much to go back to any one location for service. DRV has always paid for a mobile tech if needed. I'm very comfortable with that. YEMV

Bill

porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2020, 10:13 AM   #22
Cummins12V98

Nothing against her at all!!! It's simply a way she can use ME as a way for DRV to get off their AZZ and get her parts that may be needed. We drove from NW WA to Elk City, OK on 1/1/15 to meet her and order our current DRV. I had excellent advice from her and would do the drive again to order another. This is a business strategy that works, NOTHING to do with her. DRV are snakes in the woods, I know Pork you have never had an issue. But the fact is many have, us included.

The day DRV is "fair, honest and dependable" I will change my mind.

Retention does NOT mean I wouldn't pay anything. These terms would be agreed upon at the time the "DEAL" is made.

Don't like what i say well I guess that's your right as it's mine to get what I paid for.

2015 RAM LongHorn Dually Air ride Aisin 4:10's

2016 MS 39TKSB3 "Highly Elited"
Cummins12V98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2020, 05:55 PM   #23
porkchop

You still don't understand, do you? By the time the unit gets to the dealers lot DRV has NO financial interest in it. It's paid for and is the dealers. You are holding the dealers money and there is no way to hold the factory hostage.
They have treated me "fair, honest and dependable" in every aspect of the transactions I have had with them. But I didn.t show up with a chip and demanding stuff either. That's what works for me but apparently not you, so continue on at your speed. Remember how you went there and demanded they take all of the trim screws on the outside out, replace them with new screws of your choosing and repaint? I do and I remember the outcome. The factory service guys are still laughing about that. So is my good friend Mr No

Bill
Old 01-02-2020, 11:14 AM   #24
Cummins12V98

Twist it how you want Chop the POS "Mr NO" is a slimy MoFo plain and simple. I am NOT the only one to think so.

So you think the self drilling screws are the correct application for the outside trim? NO they are not, why do you think they are constantly backing out? Oh I suppose you have never had one move.

I completely understand. I watched it in action when I was back at RR ordering current RV. They constantly have RV's being delivered from the Factory. THAT is how they can get materials FAST when they ask for them. BIG basement with lot's of capacity. Reality is the RV cost's less than what RR pays. A reasonable number around what their profit would be is what I would negotiate for the retention. It gets paid before I leave their property.

ZERO chip on my shoulder as I was asked by Mr-N to send him pics of EVERYTHING. I did and all I got was we have a week blocked for your RV and will take care of everything.

ONLY reason I went there for my list was Alicia was paying for my MORryde risers to be installed and figured the factory would be the best place to get my warranty work done, sadly not the case!

I am sure many reading my experience will learn from what i have to say.

Well your good friend Mr-N is a real winner!

Example. In passing upon arrival we had a quick exchange with him with ZERO introductions. Next morning we went into the office, he was setting on a couch. We walked up to him, I said "this is my wife Tana". He did not get up or shake her hand as any decent human would do. His stone cold response was "I have already met her". My wife was shocked!

There was ONE shining example of a great Human, that was Fred my Tech 4 of the 5 days. He was VERY knowledgable in all phases of construction so we had lot's in common since my career was a Carpenter/construction Superintendent. I was considered at the top of my field and was a top quality Finish Carpenter. He was so good that I offered him a job. He did a great job on what he was allowed to do. He did more than allowed because he could see I was not asking for anything but to have it right.

But sadly he had obligations on the 5th day. So Kevin the other tech took over. Kevin is a nice guy but NOT a finish type of guy.

Old 01-02-2020, 03:14 PM   #25
porkchop

You don't read very well. I did not say it was the proper application at any time. I said you said you were going to make the factory change all of yours and repaint. I asked 3 or 4 years ago to see a picture. Still waiting. That's because they laughed you out of town. Some one had for warned them before you got there as to what to expect.

"Reality is the RV cost's less than what RR pays." WOW! What a concept!! I may go back into business just to try that theory out. Buy low=sell high is what I think I'll call it. You still don't understand that you will be holding the dealers money, not the factory's do you?

But now we have finally gotten down to the actual problem. Someone did not bow to you or your wife correctly and acknowledge your vast and superior abilities as a trim carpenter. How dare they for not knowing who you were! I think there is a Ytube channel for that.

This time I really do mean it=I am done with you. You stay in the peoples republic of Cal and I'll stay in Texas. No fun arguing with an unarmed opponent. You are blocked.

Bill
Old 01-02-2020, 05:08 PM   #26
Cummins12V98

Quote:
Originally Posted by porkchop View Post
You don't read very well. I did not say it was the proper application at any time. I said you said you were going to make the factory change all of yours and repaint. I asked 3 or 4 years ago to see a picture. Still waiting. That's because they laughed you out of town. Some one had for warned them before you got there as to what to expect.

"Reality is the RV cost's less than what RR pays." WOW! What a concept!! I may go back into business just to try that theory out. Buy low=sell high is what I think I'll call it. You still don't understand that you will be holding the dealers money, not the factory's do you?

But now we have finally gotten down to the actual problem. Someone did not bow to you or your wife correctly and acknowledge your vast and superior abilities as a trim carpenter. How dare they for not knowing who you were! I think there is a Ytube channel for that.

This time I really do mean it=I am done with you. You stay in the peoples republic of Cal and I'll stay in Texas. No fun arguing with an unarmed opponent. You are blocked.

Bill
Thank GOD PORK MAN!

Guess you don't read well either because Mr NO said he would take care of what items I sent to him, NEVER said no to anything til I got there. In fact the POS never would say to my face NO. He left that to his umderlings.

Guess you have no care to defend your wife. A-hole is simply A-hole!

Nice you have to twist my words. PLEASE show me where I said I would "MAKE THEM" change the screws.

Sorry you may have blocked me but if I quote you or anyone else you will have to view my lying posts.

Hey enjoy your perfect DRV, I truly am happy for you to have such an wonderful machine.

Old 01-02-2020, 05:10 PM   #27
Cummins12V98

Sorry everyone for the side show. Simply go back and see who started the sniping.

Old 01-05-2020, 08:59 AM   #28
OCB

Quote:
Originally Posted by clev View Post
I think that my DRV is the best, most reliable RV that I have ever owned. Initially, we had a few minor problems, but DRV worked with us and provided parts; my wife and I installed them, and corrected some errors in the fit and trim. We had to do the same thing when our custom home was completed. Everything requires a little tweaking and maintenance. With 15 inch frame and 3 1/4 inch sidewall frame, it is one of the strongest RV's on the road.
I agree. with 99% said. Nearly 50 years I brought my first RV. A 14 foot Roadrunner (Pull behind) that had a gas lamp, ice box and 20 gallon fresh water storage with a hand pump. Yes it could sleep 3 adults and 3 kids. Only problem I remember I had recalk at about 10 years old. Would I go back to such a simple RV? NO

Would I go back to some of the brand X's, NO, my 2016 MS 38PS3 had some problems but then the biggest problem may have been Thor's early influence. My problems have been mostly appliances and other none DRV assemblies. (I haven't had the Jack problem often mentioned and I am over loaded but the same frame is placed in units of greater GVW.
Yes to buying another.

Clay with 2015 Freightliner M2 106 Sport Chassis
OCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 03:37 PM   #29
Stevencoles

Buy used save tens of thousands

I’ve got a 2014. 38RSB3 estates that I’d love to sell, not because we are dissatisfied, we simple are changing lifestyles. If you bought this new it would br an MSRP. Of near $170K. Want to save 70K To buy the truck you need to pull it? Oh I have one of those too 2017 Ford deisel dually with 36K miles.. a bargain at 43K. Private message me if your interested and see if we can. Make a deal.
Stevencoles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 04:15 PM   #30
MTK46

I had a Teton for 13 years with no major problems except for tires. After reading about DRV I bought a used one owner 2011. Lived in it for 3 1/2 months last summer. Love the disc brakes, have replaced the rocker chairs with theater seats.
As I'm getting up there in age this will be my last RV.
If younger yes I would buy another DRV.
2011 Mobile Suites 36RSSB3 #5556
2017 F-350 CC 6.7 diesel dually, Banks Derringer tuner with super gauge
MTK46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 07:42 PM   #31
Carny Bill

Never again

I have owned 4 new DRVs ( 2004 2006 2009 and 2012, last 3 were elites.
Build was not great on any of them, but when I had serious problems with the 2012 and was lied to by Greg in the warranty department n I told them I would never buy again.
I have switched now to “Luxe”. Can’t say it’s any better or any worse, but the warranty department hasn’t lied about their work yet.
Carny Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 07:53 PM   #32
clev

Two things: Someone mentioned the good quality of Teton RV’s. Correct me if I’m wrong, but they made stick frame trailers, and have been out of business for a long time. It may have been the best stick frame on the market, but they said the same thing about Buggy Whips. Someone downed Greg Weldon. I’ve dealt with him on more than one occasion. I sent pictures of problems with explanations. I either received a replacement part or reimbursement. The most recent was this summer when the kitchen sink broke loose; poor glue job. Two years out of warranty, and he reimbursed >$350 for repairs. DRV is a great company. If I were in the market for a new RV, I would not look anywhere else.
'17 36RSSB3///2012 F350 KR, LWB/SRW, Bilsteins, antisway bar, Bilstein steering stabilizer, Airlift air bags, wireless compressor, 295/20 tires at 4080 pounds each, oversized finned aluminum diff and trannie pans, synthetic fluid, KEM, PIP, & Tyrant tunes w/SCR4 programming, Edge CTS gauge monitoring, G37 2017 turbo, ATS Stage I transmission.
clev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 10:06 PM   #33
Helipilot

We have a 36RSSB3 with vanity slide. Would buy another one. Ours is a 2011 (One of the good years according to Alica and Slade) it has only about 18,000 miles on it and all the bells and whistles. Kept in a climate controlled shop and everything works , non-smoking and no pets. We are selling it since we are now raising two grandchildren and our traveling days are over for the time being. We are selling the 2015 GMC crewcab, DRW, loaded with Duramax and leather. 50,xxx miles...contact me at 501-821-1708 and we will deliver
Helipilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 09:02 AM   #34
Cummins12V98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevencoles View Post
I’ve got a 2014. 38RSB3 estates that I’d love to sell, not because we are dissatisfied, we simple are changing lifestyles. If you bought this new it would br an MSRP. Of near $170K. Want to save 70K To buy the truck you need to pull it? Oh I have one of those too 2017 Ford deisel dually with 36K miles.. a bargain at 43K. Private message me if your interested and see if we can. Make a deal.

Not quite sure what price you are asking for the RV???

I can tell you my custom 2016 39TKSB3 we "paid" 130k for was worth 100k the day we took possession.

Now 4.5 years later I would be lucky to get 70k. Reality sucks!

Old 01-08-2020, 02:07 PM   #35
Goober

But DRV again?

NEVER!!! My experience with DRV has been the worst by far in over forty years of owning RVs.
Goober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 02:01 PM   #36
Roam America

All brands are going to have issues. Have you ever read New Horizon or Luxe forums? They have their own shares of issues.

I had 2 Newmar 5ers, a Solitude and now my DRV MS. The Newmars and DRV had a few issues but DRV service did a great job fixing them. My Solitude was a disaster. Only had it 11 months before getting rid of it for the MS. That said I wouldn’t give Grand Design bad reviews based on my experience. Mine must have been built on a Monday morning after a party weekend. There a lot out there that only had/have minor problems.
Roam America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 04:25 PM   #37
Goober

Drv

“Have you ever read New Horizon or Luxe forums? They have their own shares of issues. ”

This statement is irrelevant. Just because a product is not as bad as some other product does not justify anything. I’m glad you are happy. I base my opinion on build quality, number of warranty issues, responsiveness of the dealer and manufacturer and everyone doing the right thing. In my case ALL came up short on EVERY criteria except for the dealer. It is hard to get excited about doing a DRV deal again once you’ve experienced how they respond when it matters.
Goober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2020, 10:56 PM   #38
Helipilot

I would, Had ours for eight years, no issues other than the front AC took a dump. Love the DRV, very comfortable and well designed.
Helipilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 02:22 PM   #39
Roam America

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goober View Post
“Have you ever read New Horizon or Luxe forums? They have their own shares of issues. ”

This statement is irrelevant. Just because a product is not as bad as some other product does not justify anything. I’m glad you are happy. I base my opinion on build quality, number of warranty issues, responsiveness of the dealer and manufacturer and everyone doing the right thing. In my case ALL came up short on EVERY criteria except for the dealer. It is hard to get excited about doing a DRV deal again once you’ve experienced how they respond when it matters.
You missed my point completely, which was all RV's are going to have issues. Even the ones that cost 1/4 million $$$. They are a man made product. Some may have more than others within the small e manufacturers while other brands may have more than another. I'm sorry that you got one with more problems, but I went thru the same thing with my Solitude. I had more problems than others with the same product. that said, I was running overloaded, so some of the issues were brought on by myself, but I still won't poison another viewpoint because of my issues. Because mine had issues doesn't mean they are all junk.

My DRV spent 4 days in Howe for warranty work but the issues I had would not keep me from buying another one if I needed to purchase another. They addressed every problem I had, fixed them all, even squeezed me in a few days later when one of the fixes reappear. I have nothing but praise form the service team at the factory.

Roam America is offline   Reply With Quote