Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-03-2017, 10:09 AM   #1
whmayhew

Unhappy 2014 Mobile Suites 38SKSB3

We recently bought a 2014 Mobile Suites 38SKSB3 from ExploreUSA in Mesquite, Texas. Arrived here in Maine with one broken off spring hanger and one patched one, Lippert says they do not have one. It is 5 3/4 to bolt center. Contacted DRV and they directed me back to Lippert. Have not contacted them again. Spent a lot of time online searching for a replacement with no luck so far. Any ideas?
Also it has Ace baggage door locks. We only got one key. Is it easier to replace the locks with regular keyed locks? Also can not get the entertainment center to work. Says signal not found. One radio station. Any ideas? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

whmayhew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 12:13 AM   #2
wingnut60
Site Team

Sorry for your problems.
Just find a professional spring/axle shop and they will be able to fix your problems--forget Lippert/DRV.
You should be able to find locks online/camping world...maybe. Might take you some time/effort at online research.
Entertainment center? Everyone has problems with them--we had to have Dish tech come to our campground after buying because we didn't listen at the PDI when we bought used also--our bad, not real problem, just did not understand operation. Almost none of the RVs have good AM/FM units, antenna a big problem--nothing outside.
Hang in there--if these are you biggest problems, it will get better.
What are you towing with?
Wow, did not note you made it to Maine--check locally for spring shop recommendation. Back in TX, would be no problem.
Joe

2005 TK3 #1869, 10 yrs of memories,
2017 F450 KR--one more Ford is it
2009 F450 4x4-died; 2010 F450-retired
wingnut60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 03:14 AM   #3
whmayhew

2014 Mobile Suites

Thanks for the info. We tow with a 2017 Ford F350 dually diesel, King Ranch. When I find the parts I will get a guy to weld the new ones here at my home. It is nice to get back to a Mobile Suites. We had a 2003 for 4 years. Thanks again.
Old 09-04-2017, 10:48 PM   #4
Dmcfarden

I just bought a new 2017 F350 DRW 4x4 and am nose high with a lot of chucking back and forth. Did you have to install risers on yours with your new Ford?
Dmcfarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 12:28 AM   #5
whmayhew

NO we do not have that problem.