Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-25-2015, 03:16 PM   #1
rperrym

Level Up System, 09 TKS36

Should the Level up system on a 09 TKS 36 have a remote control, or is it only manually operated from the switches on the side? What do you use to know when to stop the jacks and are level.

Rick

rperrym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 09:01 AM   #2
terry and jo

While I can't answer directly to a 2009 model, our 2010 38TKSB3 was ordered with a remote system called WOW. I just can't remember just what the letters in WOW meant.

However, after using our WOW remote once, I put it up and have never used it again. Not only did the remote control the front jacks and leveling jacks, we could open and close the slides remotely. The reason I quit using the remote is because the slides didn't operate singly. If one used the remote for the slides, all three slides extended or retracted in a sequence, one right after the other.

As for getting level, I downloaded a "level" app onto my smart phone and use that to get "relatively" level with the front jacks. Then, I go inside and lay a 2 foot level on the floor in front of the pantry and in the center of the coach. That lets me adjust manually front to back and side to side. And yes, it does require me to walk around and back for the final adjustments to level.

Terry

2010 Mobile Suites 38TKSB3 #5332 - 2008 Ford F450
Terry's Smugmug Site
terry and jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 04:59 PM   #3
rperrym

Thank you for your reply.
rperrym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 11:22 AM   #4
Bear

Only manual switches on my MS. I opted not to have the potential issues with a remote. I got my unit level front/back and left/right with a carpenters level inside the coach on the floor. I placed 2 stick-on levels on the back side of the access door for my Level Up switches. I open the door 180 degrees and adjust front/back then open door at 90 degrees to adjust left/right. 2 levels were required because door does not swing very true. I check it a couple time a year and its always spot on. I also hung a chain to extend my breakaway switch cable which indicates hitch height.
Bear is offline   Reply With Quote