Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-18-2012, 02:51 PM   #1
terry and jo

New Mobile Suites Models

I received word today from Alicia and Slade at Rolling Retreats in Elk City, OK that DRV Suites is introducing something new in the Mobile Suites line. While these will not likely be the models that many folks want, I'm wondering if it might be starting a new trend. They have introduced the "Estates" models which will have more amenities than the normal Mobile Suites models. It looks like they are equipping with Lane living room furniture, standard residential refrigerators, dishwashers, and garbage disposals. There are other amenities, too numerous for me to mention. Below is a link to the announcement on Rolling Retreats' website, which includes some rough photos of the prototype.

http://rollingretreats.com/2013Estates.html

Terry

2010 Mobile Suites 38TKSB3 #5332 - 2008 Ford F450
Terry's Smugmug Site
terry and jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 05:10 PM   #2
missourijan

Thanks for posting the pictures. It's an interesting concept. I suppose there are rv'rs out there that always have full hook up and travel very little or none at all. Wonder what the msrp is, probably pretty steep. I don't care for the 2 colors of cabinets but I have seen it in other 5'rs. :P

2012 Mobile Suite #5942
2012 Ford F350 Super duty
"We used to work, now we workamp"
missourijan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 10:27 PM   #3
Joezilla

I like the idea. However, DRV has taken our color scheme and made it available to anyone who wants it. We thought we'd be the only one with red swirls, but when these babies come out, everyone will want the red swirls.

I'll bet the Estates will be some high $$$$. I wonder also if this means that DRV is not going to build the Elite Suites anymore?

Joe
Joezilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 08:31 AM   #4
hitchup

Looks like they are using some of the most asked-for customizations. A few new interesting floorplans. Am curious about the specs on the 39' models. Also, if they will stay with dual axles, like in the 40' plan.

Sort of like the larger tub/shower. But can't tell if there's enough room to keep the shower door from hitting the cabinet when getting in and out.

There are some things I definitely don't like, so would have to change. Much prefer the Glazed Maple from Elites in 2006, not the new darker Glazed Chestnut or the Glazed Cream/white. Almost looks dirty from the photos. LOL.

Then we both dislike Vegas Nights exterior paint, the Black with Red swirls. Not much of an improvement over the ES color.
Working Fulltimers since 3/2005
hitchup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 10:05 AM   #5
Motor31

Looked like tile on the walls in the bathroom. That will be something that will fall off the walls after a while of vibration on the road.

I also saw they put the washer dryer on the bedroom slide. That's quite a bit of weight there on one corner.

They still are using the same old carpet as a roller for the slides concept. Great way to add wear and tear not to mention dirt.

I wonder what the weight is on this line up. Doesn't look like they were looking to cut back on dry weight much. Then again they may have dropped the idea of putting granite counters all through the thing.

The fridge is a nice idea, Ive seen lots of motorhomes with a standard fridge. Saves on having to defrost the thing. I'd say they recognize that the vast majority of what are considered "upper end" RV owners really never do dry camp. Why bother to carry the same old 3 way fridge.

Is that the little dishwasher that is so small it won't hold full size plates?
2005 MS 38RL
2007 Saturn Ion "toad"
2010 Gold Wing "piggyback"
Motor31 is offline   Reply With Quote