Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-06-2010, 08:11 PM   #1
wingnut60
Site Team

DRV factory service

Just finished a day at the DRV plant in Howe--had several minor issues dealt with and the original Lippert hydraulic pump replaced with the upgraded model. Everything we asked for was done and a lot more we were not aware of. Shane Hoff (Fly) was extremely efficient and professional in his work. I would not hesitate to recommend their repair shop to anyone who owns a DRV model. None of mine was warranty work and I found them to be very reasonable in their cost.

The only issue I had with them is they banged on the door of the trailer at 5AM instead of the promised 6AM---WHOOPS, my bad, forgot they were in the EST zone and we were on CST. That caused us a quick wakeup/bailout with the dogs...

Joe

2005 TK3 #1869, 10 yrs of memories,
2017 F450 KR--one more Ford is it
2009 F450 4x4-died; 2010 F450-retired
wingnut60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 08:27 PM   #2
The View 5046

Fly spent two long days in our MS and was very professional and got me out in 2 days instead of the 4 that were scheduled. I got back to Tennessee to be with Delaine's Mother before she went to Heaven. Thanks Fly. GBY....

2010 Mobile Suites 38 RSSB 4 (SOLD)
Trailer Saver TS 3
Pressure Pro System (SOLD)
The View 5046 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 05:33 AM   #3
Cheif 2

We also were at the factory just last week and Jim did an excellent job repairing a long list of things that needed attention. The service we got from the factory was great and they installed/addressed a number of upgrades I would have never expected. Our unit feels like new again!
Old 10-08-2010, 09:43 AM   #4
porkchop

This summer we awoke in northern Georgia to find a flat tire on our rig. We were a few miles from a small tire company and I carry a 12 volt air compressor. I successfully aired the tire and headed to town. The tech at first could not find a leak, but discovered the alum rim had a crack in it running radially about 2 inches long. This was on a Saturday morning so we put the spare on and headed down the road.

Monday morning I called the DRV factory and asked if there was a recall on the rims. Tom Peck advised me to call Drivit Tire as they were the vendor for tires and rims. I spoke to a pleasant lady there who asked me to get some id info from the rim and call her back. I did and she asked for my home address and said she would arrange for a replacement rim to be shipped to me at no charge.

I stated that we would not be home for a month, and she said it would be there when we arrived. It was. Including a new valve stem.
I took the old rim to the local dealer and had th tire switched, put the old rim back in the box, attached the supplied return UPS label and was again a happy camper.
My only cost was the balancing charge.

This week we experienced a problem with a roller on the shower door. I again called the factory and discussed it with a tech. 3 days later I received a UPS package with a complete new set of rollers and bolts. All at no charge.

This on a 3 year old unit that we are trading in for a new one in the spring.

In our working life we owned a trucking company and purchased many Kenworth and Peterbuilt tractors along with countless trailers. Millions of dollars worth. These units cost well over 100k each. NEVER did we receive this kind of service. EVER

Just proves that good service and customer relations has little to do with the amount of money spent. The manufacture, employees and dealership network are either willing to provide, or they are not.

DRV and Larrys RV Sales have a life long satisfied customer here.
porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote