Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-03-2020, 09:46 PM   #1
JohnnyB

City water

Hi guys ,
I have a aljo sky line 28 foot Model 2755 and I have been looking for the bypass from fresh water to city water;
I have looked every where cant find it its not by the fresh water pump or near the sink .
Any Ideas Thanks

JohnnyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 08:31 PM   #2
wingnut60
Site Team

Not familiar with Aljos, but every older TT I have had, had a fresh water connection. Find that, find it inside and follow it--going to have some connections/valves in the system somewhere.

2005 TK3 #1869, 10 yrs of memories,
2017 F450 KR--one more Ford is it
2009 F450 4x4-died; 2010 F450-retired
wingnut60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 04:01 PM   #3
Pathfinder75

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingnut60 View Post
Not familiar with Aljos, but every older TT I have had, had a fresh water connection. Find that, find it inside and follow it--going to have some connections/valves in the system somewhere.
Sorry it don't appear you have found an answer.
I looked for photos of 1998 Aljo fifth wheel trailer to see what they used for water hookups. Best I can see is a hose fitting on outside. Did not see any pour type housing to fill you fresh water tank so I assume you are filling tank with the hose hookup. IF so it should have a valve (like you asked about) to direct water to tank or trailer plumbing, as needed. This would normally be close to the inlet fitting of trailer. I see water heater by hose hookup in photos I found. Possibly the valve would be in the access area (cabinet maybe) to the water heater (Heater bypass valves used for winterizing are usually there assuming it is equipped with those valves.)

My answer is not really any more than wingnut60 said.
Photo (IN and Out) may have given us a clue to the type installation used in 1998 on your unit.

Good Luck in your search.
Old 01-13-2020, 07:45 PM   #4
cos80922

i found a owners manual online at:

https://3sir5417bd2eeg8tl187rtox-wpe...eel-manual.pdf

believe you will find your answer on pages : 44-47.
cos80922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 09:54 PM   #5
GearHeadOSU

Referring to the OP, are you sure this rig HAS a bypass between city water and fresh water tank? I'm on my first 5th wheel (I believe listed in signature). To operate from city water, you simply connect the hose to the water input and apply pressure. The fresh water pump (which would pump water from the fresh tank to the coach) has a check valve that prevents water from flowing to from the trailer plumbing into the fresh tank. At least that is what it is SUPPOSED to do! I have had an instance where the check valve didn't seal and the fresh tank filled with water,

I DO have a bypass valve to allow for winterization and bypass the water heater tank...
GearHeadOSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 10:33 PM   #6
Pathfinder75

I see i quoted wingnut60 in error and was addressing JonnyB question.
No GearHeadOSU I do not ha e any idea what Jonny B has and looking at photos of 1998 Aljos did no show enough to ID what they did in 98. He is asking if anyone knows where a valve to toggle from tank to plumbing is so I am only ASSUMING the is not any seperate tank fill port.
If a fresh water tank is filled from SAME hose connection as the ciry water hookup there is a valve to direct water into tank. Or there has to be a seperate fill for tank. This port could be another hose connection fitting or often was a larger port with a cap that you simply poured water into with a hose or jug.
I hope he has found it or he must be pumping from his tank.