Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-12-2012, 10:43 AM   #1
dross9065

Water heater bypass

I recently bought a 2008 36RSSB3. The gentleman that I bought it from had it winterized. The manual says that to winterize it, one step is to switch the water heater to bypass. Where would I find the water heater bypass? The PO wasn't any help. Hadn't hardly used the RV and paid to have everything done. He had never even put any fresh water in the tanks.
Any help would be appreciated. I'm sure I'm going to have more questions.

Dave

dross9065 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 11:05 AM   #2
wingnut60
Site Team

Welcome to the Suites ownership--
If yours is like my '05, there will be several valves--lots of plumbing--behind the driver-side sliding door. There is always a cold line in and a hot line out of the water heater, and valves in the lines to cut it out of the water system--also, a line between these 2 lines with a valve on it. If the in/out lines are open and the inbetween line is closed, you will get water into the heater. If the in/out line valves are closed and the inbetween line is open, the water heater is bypassed.
If you have the newer manifold-type plumbing, there should also be tagged lines that are labeled for you to figure out--same principle, cut water off to heater/open bypass for winterizing; open lines to heater and close bypass line to operate heater. There is logic to water flow--easy to figure out if you can see the lines.
Good luck.
Joe
2005 TK3 #1869, 10 yrs of memories,
2017 F450 KR--one more Ford is it
2009 F450 4x4-died; 2010 F450-retired
wingnut60 is offline   Reply With Quote