Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   5thWheelForums.com > 5th Wheel Forums Community Discussions > General Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-20-2023, 11:01 AM   #1
rickb77904

KZ Durango Gold vs Jayco

We have never purchased an RV before...so we are VERY new to RV life. That being said...
We are going to be full timers and are deciding between the Durango Gold and the Jayco North Point or Pinnacle.

I'd love to hear your experienced thoughts on which would be the better choice. We are in South Texas and would park it near the coast.

Thank you all!

rickb77904 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2023, 03:50 PM   #2
Cora

We have a Jayco Pinnacle 32rlts. We love it. The pinnacle is 8-1/2 feet wide. The extra 1/2 ft makes a big difference in both the living area and the bedroom. We had looked at the North Point, but it didn’t have the storage and we felt cramped. Don’t know anything about the Durango.

Cora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2023, 10:32 AM   #3
Edd505

I have a KZ Durango Gold that's 6 years old bought new, I have had zero issues with it. Most RV's are built in Elkhart or Shipshewana IN. All three your looking at are subsidiaries of the Thor corp. KZ did authorize mobile repairs on the Golds as they were built for full time living, you may want to see if the still do.

Now lets talk warranty, it is not like autos & truck you take it to the Ford dealer. RV warranty will be take it to your selling dealer where it will be weeks to months getting fixed. You want to learn how to fix the minor issues yourself, you will have 120V, 12V, water, holding tanks and possibly hydraulics. Learn the systems, how they work and carry some basic tools. The appliances inside will be from a few different manufactures, Coleman, Suburban, etc just installed by the RV manufacture. During the first year a call to the appliance manufacture will likely get you fixed faster.

Look for a pre delivery check list, several on line, get one that's extensive. When you pickup your new RV have them show you have every system works, video it for future reference, do not let them rush you. Have them power it up and get connected to water. Have them fix anything you find BEFORE you take possession. Then plan to camp a night or two at the dealer or an RV park close by so you can bring it back fr anything you find. Open every cabinet, drawer, door, slide etc you will only get the one chance to get it fixed before you take it. I have owned both Jayco & my current KZ all three you have picked are good quality not what I would consider entry level. Good luck & happy camping.
Edd505 is offline   Reply With Quote