Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-27-2015, 10:18 AM   #21
Leliko

Teresa,
I've walked through Atlanta and I am in love with it. Unfortunately I haven't been able to order it yet but I'm still dreaming about it. Anyway, depending where you live or are now, there is a family that lives in Atlanta and travels around US full time that might be close to you. They must be somewhere in CA right now. I'll ask them now -would you be interested?
Any news about your Atlanta?
I'm so jealous
Best wishes from Maryland,

Lela

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." "Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, And that has made all the difference".
Leliko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 10:20 AM   #22
Leliko

If anyone has any new photos from their newly ordered Atlanta, please post!

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." "Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, And that has made all the difference".
Old 10-27-2015, 09:17 PM   #23
Joezilla

We have seen our new Atlanta today. I will see about taking some pictures tomorrow. It is awesome and we are pleased!

Joe
Joezilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 11:37 AM   #24
TeresaB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joezilla View Post
We have seen our new Atlanta today. I will see about taking some pictures tomorrow. It is awesome and we are pleased!

Joe
I'm so excited for you!!! I was just wondering when your Atlanta was being delivered. Can't wait to see some pictures!

Teresa
TeresaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 12:23 PM   #25
TeresaB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leliko View Post
Teresa,
I've walked through Atlanta and I am in love with it. Unfortunately I haven't been able to order it yet but I'm still dreaming about it. Anyway, depending where you live or are now, there is a family that lives in Atlanta and travels around US full time that might be close to you. They must be somewhere in CA right now. I'll ask them now -would you be interested?
Any news about your Atlanta?
I'm so jealous
Best wishes from Maryland,

Lela
Lela,

Thanks for the offer. We will start our full time journey in May or June 2016. So we still have a little time before we take the leap on our new RV. (Our little girl decided she wanted to go to school with her neighborhood friends since this will be our last year in our house, so we pushed back the date.) My only concern regarding the Atlanta is the size and configuration of the bunkroom. I was able to get a floor plan that had measurements, and then I taped off the dimensions on the floor. I think the size will be ok, but tape on the floor is different than actually being in the room. Everything else about that model is perfect.

What are your thoughts regarding the bunkroom? Too small, just right, delete the desk / bottom bunk??

Teresa
TeresaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 03:46 PM   #26
Joezilla

Initial impressions of our new Atlanta are VERY positive. We absolutely love it!

Now, mind you we are not in it yet. It has been delivered to RR and Slade has gone over it and found some things that need to be fixed. Thus he has ordered parts and such. I am hopeful that we can finalize and do paperwork and PDI and all the rest by middle of next week. We shall see.

It seems that DRV left a screw or two on the floor and thus the dining room slide was able to grab them and gouge the floor in a couple of places. Slade has ordered some new tiles. The smoke detector and the inverter are both beeping. I think the smoke detector just needs a new battery. The inverter may be beeping because it is on and the coach is connected to shore power also. Not sure though since I have never had a coach with an inverter. We ordered the oil rubbed fixtures (kind of a dark pewter) however, the pendent lights in the kitchen were shipped silver. All will be taken care of, just takes a little time.

An interesting note is that even though the rear bedroom comes with two bunks, DRV does not include a ladder to reach the top bunk. I thought that was odd.

Oh, this is our first experience with the straight line roof. Those upper cabinets above the love seat, the refrigerator, the back desk, etc are WAY UP THERE. ha. We made a trip to Walmart this morning to purchase a two step ladder so Debbie could reach those areas better. Not just better, but at all, they are so tall, she could not barely reach the bottom of those cabinets.

All in all, we are very pleased, but are so ready to start moving in. We have not been given the okay to do that yet.

Joe
Joezilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 10:22 PM   #27
Leliko

Joe, good luck with getting your Atlanta in final shape as soon as possible and please post photos whenever you have them.