Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-07-2020, 03:17 PM   #1
Mulb

Frigidaire residential refrigerator problem

Refrigerator seemed to be cooling but the next morning freezer was warm. Food part was barely cool. Compressor comes on. I hear normal noises but a fan seems to continuously run.
Sometimes I touch the compressor and it’s warm and sometimes it’s room temp not hot or cold.
Any ideas what I need to do

Mulb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 04:30 PM   #2
porkchop

We had 2 different Frigidaires at home. Both of them acted like that.. Changed to Whirlpool and that fixed the problem. Good luck

Bill

porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2020, 03:37 PM   #3
Dr. D

Sounds like either a low refrigerant or bad TXV.
Dr. D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 07:07 PM   #4
Seamus McShank

DW and I have been looking at replacing our 8 cu ft Dometic for a Frigidaire 10 cu ft that its in the same space. What size is the Frigidaire that gave you this problem? We've been told there is a supply problem due to trade issues with China.
Seamus
Seamus McShank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 08:04 AM   #5
porkchop

The ones we had problems with at home were both 20+ feet. Don't remember exactly. Both were what they call "dual cooling". That's fancy talk for 1 compressor with 2 coils. Compressor fails in both. Fridgidaire ended up buying us out after 6 failed attempts to fix. Went with Whirlpool, just like what's in our DSRV, and happy as hell now.

Bill
Old 10-27-2020, 07:16 AM   #6
Mulb

Ours was an 18 cubic. It’s problem was the previous owner had put in Freon. We did not know you don’t do that. The refrigerator quit cooling because it was leaking Freon. I wanted to go back with Whirlpool but here they were out and we didn’t want to wait since they couldn’t guarantee a delivery date.

We bought the same size refrigerator. Had it installed yesterday. I am buying the extra protection
Mulb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2020, 08:20 AM   #7
porkchop

The warranty plan is what saved the day for us. I usually do not get this, but this time for some reason it felt right. After 3 attempts to fix they replaced. Same issues and after 3 more attempts they gave us a 100% return of purchase price after 3 years of struggle. Even sent a truck to pick the old one up. So I guess I have zero complaints about their service and warranty. Works as advertised, but still an inconvenience. Used the check they sent to buy the Whirlpool.

Bill