Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-03-2009, 09:46 AM   #1
thisisliving

black tank flush

When I try to use the tank flush, get water spraying out of connections, not the same one each time. Do I need to turn of all the valves on the lines ?

Also can't seem to watch the bedroom TV with out the main TV being on. As soon as I turn the main TV the bedroom turns off with it. Either using the TV remote or the main super remote.

Old 08-03-2009, 10:40 AM   #2
wingnut60
Site Team

black tank flush

Cant help with the TVs. When saying "other lines open" are you referring to pressure lines inside the trailer, or the grey water drain lines?

Normally, the grey water is closed while flushing the black tank. After you have cleaned the black tank as well as you think is possible, then most people close the black tank and open the grey tank lines to flush the sewer hose with soapy dish/shower water.

Everyone seems to develop their own routine to do this, so will you after time.

Joe

2005 TK3 #1869, 10 yrs of memories,
2017 F450 KR--one more Ford is it
2009 F450 4x4-died; 2010 F450-retired
wingnut60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 11:04 AM   #3
thisisliving

No, I am talking the pressure lines in the trailer, water comes out around the white plastic connectors, seems a different place each time though. you can see if from the front storage.
Old 08-03-2009, 01:06 PM   #4
wingnut60
Site Team

black tank flush

OK, looks like you have a brand new unit? If you can't get back to the dealer (this should have been noted in the PDI if it didn't work) for warranty work, then you can try to work on it. Probably the check valve is reversed--won't allow flow in instead of outward--you will have to find where the flush line goes thru the trailer wall and take it apart. Not sure how the newer ones are set up, but I will bet this is the problem.

The check valve is there by code to keep any water that has been in the black tank from accidentally getting into the water supply lines--it isn't unusual for it to be installed backward. Just look at the line where it goes into the wall and try to find it in the plumbing area behind the basement sliding wall. May have to be a contortionist to reach it.

Good luck

Joe
2005 TK3 #1869, 10 yrs of memories,
2017 F450 KR--one more Ford is it
2009 F450 4x4-died; 2010 F450-retired
wingnut60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 10:52 AM   #5
Motor31

On the earlier models the check valve was located in the wall behind the shower. There was a square panel inside the pantry that could be removed that gave gave access tot he lines and valve. On my rig that was never tightened up at the factory and later I had to replace it entirely. Look in the pantry area along the common wall between the bedroom and the room outside the bedroom. There may be a square panel held on by screws. Remove the panel and see if you find a couple lines that have an "L" shaped valve installed in it at the top. The valve was installed to be at the top so it can drain.

You can check to see if the hose connections were tight or if the valve is in backwards.
2005 MS 38RL
2007 Saturn Ion "toad"
2010 Gold Wing "piggyback"
Motor31 is offline   Reply With Quote