Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-31-2019, 09:00 PM   #1
Sonshineclg

Howdy yall

Just signed up. I have had RVs and 5ers most of my life. My wife, twin sons, and I live in a Recreation By Design 56' custom 5er. We are the 2nd owners. We are full timers now going on 11 years. Our hauler is a 1999 International 4700 530 lo pro with a Stalick conversion (only 72,000). I have owned it for going on 4 years. I plan on enclosing the hitch section to make it like a flat truck bed and storage when not in 5er mode, but easily removable. Here's my present problem: The drivers side gas tank when full will register at best 5/8 of a tank. I am pretty sure that it is the sending unit. What I would like to know is has anyone worked on one of these? Do you have any "short cuts" or instructions on best way to get to the sending unit? What part name and number Stalick used, etc? I have never let the left tank go empty to test the passenger side tank (It has an auto switch valve). That will be next. Is there a build sheet for these Stalicks, because I am finding buttons in the cab that have no markings to what they do or are for. Thanks again and really looking forward to learning.

Sonshineclg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 09:19 AM   #2
Stripit

Send a message via AIM to Stripit Send a message via MSN to Stripit Send a message via Yahoo to Stripit
I don't think there is a auto switch valve for the two tanks? I only recall the fuel gauge reading what was showing in the drivers side as it had no sender unit wired to the passenger side. Never removed the sender from the tank as it worked fine for me. I owned my Stalic 300 hp unit for just over 9 years. I do know three times I ran out of fuel when the truck was parked at a lean to the passenger side and I was low on fuel. It all ran to the right tank and the gauge read empty. Once It started and moved to a flat surface the fule leveled out and the gauge read correctly at about 1/4.

1991 Avanti Conv
Stripit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 02:26 PM   #3
Sonshineclg

Hmmmm. The owner said that it had an auto switch. So when one tank was empty it switched to the other side. I will be on winter break from school and will look at it then. Thanks.
Sonshineclg is offline   Reply With Quote