Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   5thWheelForums.com > 5th Wheel Brand Forums > DRV | Formerly Doubletree
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-07-2013, 12:00 PM   #5
bstark

Not us John. That accident happened in the spring of 10' and we had already decided to sell the whole shebang and bought a home in Florida.

That accident removed any misgivings we might have been having regarding getting out of RV'ing.

I had already decided the yearly testing for my required CDL-AZ to tow my rig with a truck over 13,000KG GVWR was getting old but that nut running up under us while stoned drove the spike through RV'ing for us.

The respondent Troopers were magnificent to deal with and they put criminal charges against the fellow who ultimately served 18 months in jail due to other issues of being on parole for a more violent crime at the time.

As an aside; those Troopers had set an intercept up for just the other side of that overpass due to all the witnesses phoning in for over 20 minutes of reporting his driving from lane to lane and even glancing off the guardrail once. They thought for sure they were going to arrive at the scene seeing a rig overturned down in the ditch but instead noted the size of the Toter (scaled at 17,600lbs loaded) being what had prevented that from happening.

My hitch was an old, no longer made, four bag AirGlyder that cushioned fore and aft movement as well as vertical. No damage to pin box framing was found upon Paul's inspection.