Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-27-2010, 12:14 PM   #1
RodeWorthy

SeeLeveL Gauges

Anybody interested that Garnet Technologies has a sale on SeeLeveL tank gauges? If so, click on their add at the top for details.

I bought a set and will install them when I get home from my winter travels. Should be straightforward -- except for the fresh water tank. Not even sure where it is :)

'07 Mobile Suites 36RS3 #3910
Mor/ryde IS, Trailersaver TS3 hitch
Level-Up with Remote Control
4 x 135W Solar Panels, Outback Controller, 4 x 6V batteries, Xantrex Inverter/Charger
'08 Chevy 3500 dually Duramax/Allison
RodeWorthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 01:42 PM   #2
Motor31

Fresh water tank is about the same position length wise as the steps into the trailer. Accessible only from the bottom. You can barely see a part of it from the basement but you have to look way past the water heater and other 2 tanks.

2005 MS 38RL
2007 Saturn Ion "toad"
2010 Gold Wing "piggyback"
Motor31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 02:16 PM   #3
RodeWorthy

Fresh water tank position for SeeLevel strip

Thanks Mike. I was kind of kidding about the f.w. tank but I never have seen it. I wll probably end up doing surgery in the belly pan when it comes to completing this job. Won't be the first time. There are sealed scars from when the axles were installed. I want to check out a few things in there anyway -- insulation being a major item to check.

I'll let the good folks here know how it all works out.

4 x 135W Solar Panels, Outback Controller, 4 x 6V batteries, Xantrex Inverter/Charger
Old 02-27-2010, 11:32 PM   #4
2 DA WDS

I put a set on my 05 and it was ...a bear. The end you need to get to is above the dump pipe and the tank is not coming down. Finally got to it and ended up putting the strip on the off door back side of the tank. I fed the wires from the basement to it using the awning rod. Have plenty of band aids readyand if you are on blood thinner, a stiptic pen. LOL
And they were worth it. I dont want to guess if I have 32 gallons or 1 gallon of fresh water left.
2011 RAM Cummins 3500 Dually
2 DA WDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 11:59 AM   #5
5thwheeler

Install of SeeLevel

Travis (previous owner of the Forum did an install)
http://www.5thwheelforums.com/seelevel_page_1.html
5thwheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 04:15 PM   #6
cptxguys

RodeWorthy and Tom,
Which model did you purchase? Did you replace the existing guage unit, or just add them in the coat closet 'mechanical control' area?
2007 Doubltree Elite Suite 36RS3 #3756
cptxguys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 05:16 PM   #7
john

SeaLevel Gauges

I talked to the owner....They are willing to come to the June rally in CO. Hope the powers to be were able to work it out.
I am having them do an install on mine the end of March.
Old 03-08-2010, 09:25 AM   #8
2 DA WDS

Quote:
Originally Posted by cptxguys
RodeWorthy and Tom,
Which model did you purchase? Did you replace the existing guage unit, or just add them in the coat closet 'mechanical control' area?
Not sure what model I got. It has the 3 tanks and I think battery & propane but I dont have the propane hooked up. I just added it in the pantry/coat closet because there are other controls on the board that the original is on.
2011 RAM Cummins 3500 Dually
2 DA WDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 12:50 AM   #9
RodeWorthy

SeeLeveL II Tank gauge

Hey Robert,
I bought the Model 711. It has the 3 tanks + battery levels - same as original equipment. For about same money you can have ambient temperature display when the levels are not showing. Model 711T. I opted not to have that.

The levels are displayed as % of full tank to a resolution of +/- 5%. The sensor strips are 16" and can be cut to required length dependent on tank height.

I have already extensively modified my instrument panel to accommodate instruments for monitoring my solar installation. I will be modifying the relocated control panel by cutting off the top portion used for existing tank level monitor and replacing it with the new display. The SeeLeveL display, at 4.75" x 3.25", is just slightly wider than the current panel and also taller than the section I will cut off. I believe I can make it look pretty good but it will require re-positioning in my new instrument cluster. You can see what I am talking about regarding my modifications by viewing some pictures here.

My method is not required and the new display can be installed anywhere you can find space. A good place would be the wall to the right of the stairs in the same area as the closet. There is a false wall and space in there to flush mount the display and route the cables. The existing monitor would remain intact.

Hope this helps.

Old 03-09-2010, 01:06 AM   #10
RodeWorthy

Re: SeaLevel Gauges

Quote:
Originally Posted by john
I talked to the owner....They are willing to come to the June rally in CO. Hope the powers to be were able to work it out.
I am having them do an install on mine the end of March.
John, Is your install being done in Texas? If so, what place? I will be crossing Texas on I-10 in next few days (mid-March /10).

Old 03-09-2010, 07:40 AM   #11
john

gagues

Road Worthy,
At their plant in Grandbury, TX
Old 06-14-2010, 03:49 PM   #12
RodeWorthy

Partially Complete SeeLevel Installation

Well I have the SeeLevel II Tank Level Monitoring System installed for 2 of my 3 tanks. I am pleased with the results I have obtained for the black and gray tanks. The elusive fresh water tank will have to wait a while before I can schedule the surgury for that operation. I intend to install a much larger dump outlet in that tank when I am in there.

I mounted the sender units on the ends of the black and gray tanks on the far side of the dump tube outlet -- only space I could find that was clear of the old probes. I prepared the tank surface by sanding and thoroughly cleaning with acetone before applying the sending units which are adhesive backed. Since there is only one shot at getting these right I made templates that the sending units would fit inside as placement guides. When I was satisfied with the placement of the guides I peeled off the backing and pressed the senders into place. I used Belden 8442 22 gauge unshielded pair in a vinyl jacket for the interconnections back to the display. No problems there.

The senders come in 16 inch strips which are cut to the proper length for the individual tanks. I found that 8" was correct for the black tank and 9" for the gray. The cuts are made in 1" increments. At these lengths I am getting 3% resolution on the display - that is the display changes 3% at a time. Much improved over the E, 1/3, 2/3, F system that didn't work anyway. This past week I had an opportunity to fill both tanks and the display indicated correctly at the 100% levels. Very happy with the results - looking forward to adding that fresh water tank sender soon.

The Display is mounted in my Custom Instrument Panel in the Closet. I cut the old tank level portion from the original controls and mounted the SeeLevel display in its place. This would be a viable thing to do without having a custom cabinet. You can see pictures of the results here:
Instrument Panel

The only issue I have is that the programming and testing procedure requires the meter to be powered off and turned on with certain switches activated. That is not easy for one person to do unless a switch is installed to cut the power. I will do that if it becomes a nuisance. Very easy to do.

Old 06-15-2010, 03:41 PM   #13
Mike2338

Great intall.

I wonder if I can get the factory to install this when I order mine.

m
Mike2338 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 04:51 PM   #14
golf_bears

Mike2338,

The answer is yes. That is exactly what I did and it worked out great.

The factory has done a number of these installs.

Just remember to list it on your order sheet.

They work great.

golf_bears is offline   Reply With Quote