Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-17-2007, 12:40 PM   #1
missourijan

Info about bellypan material

There is an area about 18 inches long next to the black/grey tank outlet pipe that has nothing securing the bellypan material to the frame/beam. It has a gap of about 2 inches. Apparently it's been that way for awhile, we can see that the insulation is a little dirty. DH doesnt really want to put screws into the frame, but is that the only solution? I was thinking of some hard plastic "thing" that would hold the bellypan material snug up against the beam. Maybe there was a piece of rubber from the factory like under the stairs, but those are a joke. Any suggestions?

2012 Mobile Suite #5942
2012 Ford F350 Super duty
"We used to work, now we workamp"
missourijan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 08:21 AM   #2
igotjam

I have nothing securing mine in the door side (about 10 ft long) There was dirt rocks, water etc in mine with the insulation. I have asked a dealer to order the rubber thing. For the past month I have held it together with duct tape and its working great. Only a temparary fix but was worked great for a month so far. (DT dealer is making me pay for rubber thing...too much hassle for them to get Doubletree to pay...I will have to try getting money from DT once I get it)

igotjam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 09:50 AM   #3
Motor31

IIRC the belly covering is held on by a combination of fasteners and simple glue. If you can find some gorrilla glue then clean off both the pan material and the frame area the glue should hold it. A bit of caulk on the edge can help seal the bonding area.
2005 MS 38RL
2007 Saturn Ion "toad"
2010 Gold Wing "piggyback"
Motor31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 09:15 PM   #4
Mogolfers

belly pan

When touring the factory recently, we found out that they put 3 access doors in the belly pan. They have perforations on 3 sides so that they can be cut to access different areas under the rig. They acted like after cut they would fit back and hold but anything taking rain and road conditions is bound to come down again. Anyway, I thought that was interesting to know!
2011 38REPS4 Mobile Suite #5831
"Each day is a gift"
Mogolfers is offline   Reply With Quote