Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-07-2019, 07:11 AM   #1
Chip

Awning question

Hi all,
I'm full time, but not yet retired. Have a few years yet. But absolutely LOVE RVing. But my question to the forum is this; What do you all think about aluminum retractable awnings? My main patio awning has been extended 98% of the time. The southern California sun can really be a monster. I know in a couple years it will need to be replaced. I think the aluminum could be an excellent choice. Price is not bad either. Very comparable to regular RV canvas awnings. Weather resistant, light, and can retract for proper travel.
What do you all think about my idea.

awning 1.jpg
Attached Images
File Type: jpg awning.jpg (111.9 KB, 14 views)

Chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 10:46 AM   #2
friz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip View Post
Hi all,
I'm full time, but not yet retired. Have a few years yet. But absolutely LOVE RVing. But my question to the forum is this; What do you all think about aluminum retractable awnings? My main patio awning has been extended 98% of the time. The southern California sun can really be a monster. I know in a couple years it will need to be replaced. I think the aluminum could be an excellent choice. Price is not bad either. Very comparable to regular RV canvas awnings. Weather resistant, light, and can retract for proper travel.
What do you all think about my idea.

Attachment 1049
Have not seen it done yet on an RV. Looks nice. Even if it is available, do you think it would hold up at 17'+ long? If those slats ever bend the crease will be there forever. With the canvas/vinyl you can roll them out all the way and raise them. These look like they roll/slide out but no way to raise them.

friz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 09:27 PM   #3
Chip

Good point. Maybe I might stick with just the windows. Thanks for the thought!
Chip is offline   Reply With Quote