Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-24-2008, 01:17 PM   #41
Carny Bill

Just left Wheels RV in Tonitown,ar with my new (blue) elite w/ the side leveling system. Only have used it once, but what a nice simple setup. I think I will be able to chuck about 3/4 of the blocking I carry around. I move weekly during the summer so will let you know how it performs in the future......Bill

12 Blue Elite #6296 38RS3
08 chevy C3500
09 yel spyder toad
Carny Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 06:31 PM   #42
RGordon

Can someone tell me where Dale at Trailair is located? I figured somewhere in Indiana and is a long way from Memphis.

2007 Mobile Suite 38RL3 #3698
RGordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 05:31 AM   #43
ponch

Send a message via AIM to ponch Send a message via MSN to ponch
He is located on 2436 Dierdorff road Goshen. IN.
Mobile Suites 2005 36CK3 #2307 w/ auto levelers/ phase 2
Air Safe Hitch
HD TV in the basement and living room and bedroom
HD MOTO SAT Auto Ant on roof
pressure pro
ponch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 12:08 AM   #44
Carny Bill

Moved twice today, both sites were over 5 inches out of level. Leveling was a snap both times.
08 chevy C3500
09 yel spyder toad
Old 07-02-2008, 10:03 AM   #45
RodeWorthy

We had a good trip to Indiana to have the Level Up (C) system installed. As usual I was not in a hurry and stretched the trip out to a week.

When we arrived in Goshen we went out to Trailair to scout out the route and to make sure we knew where we were going before towing there. I was surprised to find anyone there that late but I met Bob Tiedge, who has a long history in the RV business especially related to slide outs and hydraulics. Bob was good enough to take the time to show me the leveling system on an '09 Mobile Suite and to discuss the engineering of system with me. I appreciated the time he took to do that and enjoyed talking with him. Nice guy.

On our installation day Ron and Larry got right to work and had the basic installation done in record time (1-1/2 hrs). However, there was a problem with my hydraulics. It seems my late '07 MS did not have the hydraulic pump upgrade and did not produce enough pressure to operate the levelers properly. I was a bit taken aback by this because the unit should have had the latest upgrade. Bob Tiedge came to the rescue again and when we returned after breakfast my hydraulic system had been removed from the MS and Bob was busy upgrading the system with help from the Lippert parts department. Ron and Larry were keen to learn how to make these changes. My hydraulic pressure has now changed from 2200 PSI to 3000 PSI and the levelers work great.

We have had a chance to set up a few times with the new system. I am working out a procedure for myself but I basically follow the instructions provided (see attachment).

I have noted a problem in that the side to side level changes after I take the trailer off the truck and rest it on the landing gear. Not a lot but I am fussy about the level. We ae not supposed to change the side to side after taking it off the truck. Has anyone else experienced this?

I am going to play around with this a bit to see if I can improve on my procedure to avoid the problem. It sure is great to be able to level without the blocking and the Wireless Digital Level is a neat tool. I find the umbilical cord cumbersome and am looking forward to the release of the wireless remote to control the levelers.

My thanks to Bob, Ron, Larry and Kara for the good work and making the experience a pleasant one. We missed meeting Dale who was out of town that week.
Attached Files
File Type: doc level_up_instructions_as_received_445.doc (24.5 KB, 22 views)

'07 Mobile Suites 36RS3 #3910
Mor/ryde IS, Trailersaver TS3 hitch
Level-Up with Remote Control
4 x 135W Solar Panels, Outback Controller, 4 x 6V batteries, Xantrex Inverter/Charger
'08 Chevy 3500 dually Duramax/Allison
RodeWorthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 05:17 PM   #46
ponch

I would suspect thee electronic level indicator before the hydraulics.

You can always level the coach and then reprogram the indicator to level.

I am picky about being level also, so I understand what you are talking about.
Air Safe Hitch
pressure pro
Old 07-03-2008, 04:55 AM   #47
RodeWorthy

Leveller setup

Ponch, at this point I am more comfortable with my old personal level indicators: bubble levels, doors that stay put, etc. The wireless is close and once I get this working the way I want I can recalibrate it to match my sense of level.

However, that is not the issue. While hooked to the truck I can level side to side and have both levellers on the ground. When I set the landing gear and remove the truck often the high side leveller no longer touches the ground and the side to side level has changed. It is around 1" off according to the wireless digital level and my bubble levels.

I tried to use my air hitch to bring the unit close to level front to back before setting the side to side but I could not get it low enough on its present site (my storage site). This is different for every site. I suspect it is just a matter of learning what works and then going with that. From what I have been told I hesitate to make adjustments to the side to side after the landing gear is on the ground. That would only be twisting the frame anyway.

I am considering deviating from the specified procedure by bringing the high side down first and lifting a bit on that side and then leveling with the low side cylinder. I do not want to put the whole load of the coach on the cylinders. The running gear should support the bulk of the trailer weight.

A friend had his installed just before mine and he has experienced the same thing. I wonder how the rest of you are dealing with this.

4 x 135W Solar Panels, Outback Controller, 4 x 6V batteries, Xantrex Inverter/Charger
Old 07-03-2008, 10:59 AM   #48
ponch

Well so far I'm not having that problem at all. Cross my fingers.
Air Safe Hitch
pressure pro
Old 07-03-2008, 01:38 PM   #49
ponch

Roadworthy

I just reread your post and if I am reading right (maybe maybe not) you might not be using the system in the correct order.

The correct way is to drop the high side foot first and then level with the low side then disconnect from truck and level fore and aft.
That way you ar3e loading the high side as you bring to level.

Try it and see. I'm not having your problem and this is how I do it.
Air Safe Hitch
pressure pro
Old 07-03-2008, 01:42 PM   #50
RonS

RodeWorthly - Mine does the samething, that is what I was saying that I needed to get used to the new system. The last couple of times after I unhooked I just releved the side to side. Dont know if this is a good idea or not, but with one leg of the side to side not touching the ground I wanted to put it down anyway. I think in time we will get it all figured out. I try things a little different each stop. On occasion I still have problem with the release of the jaw when on the leveling system. Last time this happened, without moving the truck I raised the leveling system to the travel position, and then the jaw opened as it always did in the past. Also in my test trying to see what the problem was with the MS hooked to the truck and all ready to go down the road and all the weight on my hitch I can easily open the jaw, this leads me to think that the leveling system is putting some type of pressure on the hitch. Raising or lowering the MS forward or backward with the truck I cant release the jaw. The only thing that has worked so far is to say a few words that I learned in the Army and it opens. I will continue testing and hopefully will get it all figured out.
06 MS 36TK3 #2473 w/(Phase II)side to side levelers, Trailair pin box w/Tri-Glide plate.
2011 Dodge 3500 CC 4x4 Diesel DRW Power Tuner guages etc
RonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 07:23 PM   #51
RodeWorthy

Leveler setup procedure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponch
Roadworthy

I just reread your post and if I am reading right (maybe maybe not) you might not be using the system in the correct order.

The correct way is to drop the high side foot first and then level with the low side then disconnect from truck and level fore and aft.
That way you ar3e loading the high side as you bring to level.

Try it and see. I'm not having your problem and this is how I do it.
Ponch you may be on to something. However, I was following the printed instructions given to me when I left Trailair. They were hot off the press and apparently I was the first to receive them. See my post above for copy. That being said, I have learned that Dale has verbally instructed to lower the high side cylinder first until it touches the ground and then use the low side cylinder to level. That makes sense to me and if I provide a slight lift on the high side first I am hopeful it will stabilize the trailer and it will remain level after unhitching. My camper is in storage and I have had a limited number of setups to experiment with the procedure. This is a new system and I expect a few changes will be made as we learn more.

Good to know that procedure works for you. I will definitely give it a try. Thanks.

Old 07-03-2008, 07:40 PM   #52
RodeWorthy

Valley hitch will not disconnect with levelers

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonS
RodeWorthly - Mine does the samething, that is what I was saying that I needed to get used to the new system. The last couple of times after I unhooked I just releved the side to side. Dont know if this is a good idea or not, but with one leg of the side to side not touching the ground I wanted to put it down anyway. I think in time we will get it all figured out. I try things a little different each stop.
Ron thanks for letting me know you are experiencing the same condition. I run the high side cylinder down too. That can't hurt anything. I agree we will work this out. I am going to try a different method next time I hook up (see above).

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonS
On occasion I still have problem with the release of the jaw when on the leveling system. Last time this happened, without moving the truck I raised the leveling system to the travel position, and then the jaw opened as it always did in the past. Also in my test trying to see what the problem was with the MS hooked to the truck and all ready to go down the road and all the weight on my hitch I can easily open the jaw, this leads me to think that the leveling system is putting some type of pressure on the hitch. Raising or lowering the MS forward or backward with the truck I cant release the jaw. The only thing that has worked so far is to say a few words that I learned in the Army and it opens. I will continue testing and hopefully will get it all figured out.
Ron I looked up the Valley 20 K hitch and they appear to be all double pivot meaning, I hope, that they pivot side to side as well as fore/aft. I am not sure what would bind it up if that is so. I experienced a problem one time getting a good hitch and I fixed that with a good dose of lithium grease. No problem unhitching from the Trailersaver so I cannot offer more than that. I have the same arsenal of verbage that you carry for difficult situations. Sometimes it helps.

Old 07-06-2008, 08:50 AM   #53
sr

I am scheduled to have my levelers installed tomorrow. In talking to Dale, and as mentioned in previous posts he said to lower the High side until it touches the ground and then level with the lower side. Hope this helps.

Has anyone received the wireless remote yet? Is there going to be an additional charge for it when it come available?

Great thread!! I can't wait to dump most of my leveling blocks as well!!! Although Dale did say he uses a 12X12" board to put under the leveling legs if he is on instable ground.
2007 Select Suites TK3 #3117
2006 Ford F-350, CC, SWD
Pullright Sliding Hitch,LCD Mounted in Storage Door
Trailair Auto Level Up with Remote
Lippert Under Chassis Storage
Pressure Pro, Garmin 660
Winegard Direct TV Travler Sat. Dish
Rearview Camera, Water Softner
New Palestine, Indiana :)
sr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 09:11 AM   #54
bstark

I'm thinking I'll still have to take a few of my square pads with me after having this system installed as I had my trailer "raised" to accomodate my truck which put those rear stabs. almost at the fullest extent of their travel just to reach the ground.

From the experience's depicted in these posts, it sounds like the system is working fine in achieving or maintaining level once you arrive at a system of levelling the rig prior to unhooking the truck.
Old 07-06-2008, 08:25 PM   #55
RodeWorthy

Wireless remote for levellers and lowering cylinders

sr,
No wireless available yet -there will be an additional charge for it. That has not been worked out yet. All this as of June 18. If anyone has more recent info available please advise.

Bruce,
Ron and Larry installed my leveler cylinders down one notch (1") to help offset the 2" tube welded in place to raise my trailer. These cylinders sit closer to the ground than the rear stabilizer. They can lift the trailer as much as 9". I still put blocks under all my cylinder pads. As you suggest that is mandatory for the rear stabilizers.

Old 07-08-2008, 12:43 PM   #56
sr

Well All,

I had my side to side levelers installed Monday. They seem to work as indicated. After the completion, I drove up on my 2x8's to throw the trailer off level. I used the wireless leveler and then hit the proper jack buttons to achieve level. Worked great. I will be heading to a State Park this weekend and hope to see how stable the trailer is with using all 6 jacks.

Dale is, as mentioned in previous posts, very knowlegable in Hydralics, Axels etc. He made my wife and I feel very comfortable with the installation. Dale called in Bob, an engineer from Lippert to make sure the frame was going to be okay with the installation. The Select has a different frame and Dale wanted to make sure the installation would not compromise the frame. Bob did some Calcs. and the position of the legs would be much better for the frame than installing them the way they have to on the Mobile and Elite. This was the first Select Traileair Svc. has done. So any other Selects out there that want the side to side leveler, have at it. Should take less than four hours.

I also can't say enough about Ron and Larry. These two individules went out of their way to install the legs with out destroying the 5ver. I also contracted Trailair Svc. to modify my axel settings, and my rear stabalizers. Ron and Larry started at 8am and stayed until after 7pm completeing the work.

All in all this was a very good experience. All of us know too well what bad service is from this industry. Trailaire Service (Dale, Ron and Larry) has the highest regard for us as customers. I will always take the time to have them service my RV if at all possible.

As Rodeworthy stated, the wirelss remote is not available as of yet. Dale is supposed to let me know when it will be.

I will let all know how this weekend goes using my "total leveling system".
2006 Ford F-350, CC, SWD
Pressure Pro, Garmin 660
Old 07-11-2008, 08:24 AM   #57
Carny Bill

Anyone with the electronic leveler having a problem with the unit turning off too soon? Mine shuts down in approx 10 seconds. Not enough time for me to study the reading and then I have to restart it. It's quite a pain....
08 chevy C3500
09 yel spyder toad
Old 07-11-2008, 08:32 AM   #58
sr

I have the same issue. Maybe we can go on line for the JT leveler and see if we can reprogram the time out.
2006 Ford F-350, CC, SWD
Pressure Pro, Garmin 660
Old 07-11-2008, 08:43 AM   #59
Carny Bill

Good idea.....I just sent the pres an email....will let u know what I hear back
08 chevy C3500
09 yel spyder toad
Old 07-11-2008, 08:50 AM   #60
Carny Bill

Well, that didn't take long. The email failed for the pres. I have tried the 1hecker@jtrv.com to see if it goes thru.....

08 chevy C3500
09 yel spyder toad