Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   5thWheelForums.com > 5th Wheel Brand Forums > DRV | Formerly Doubletree
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-11-2012, 07:19 PM   #1
traveler

Tire Wear

I am considering upgrading to 17.5 tires with the required wheel from Doubletree, but I have a general question first.

I have almost new G614 tires and seem to have a unusual tire wear pattern. The inner and outer edges of the tires on the driver side are wearing a little faster that the same edges on the door side. I assume that this is because the driver side tires are carrying more weight and actually require more than 110 psi cold to properly inflate them. I am a little hesitant to cold pressure them to say 120 psi.

I suppose that the tires (both front and rear driver side) could be misaligned but I tend to think that it is a pressure issue.

I called Double tree and got a tacit agreement with this diagnosis. What do you all think. I suppose the left side of my TK3 might be a few hundred pounds heavier that the street side, but will that cause the tire wear I see?
traveler is offline   Reply With Quote