Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-11-2022, 07:39 AM   #1
KaseyCarriage

Carrier AIR V replacement/rewiring?

Hi everybody,

We are going to replace the Carrier Air V (17 yrs old) as I explained in previous post because of obvious age and reset prob.

I was told a few days ago at RV service department in Gilbert AZ, that only AC replace for the Carrier Air V, Cameo LXI '33 (2005) is a Coleman MACH series. The tech said they have serviced a lot of Carriages and that the Colemans are the only ones that work because of wiring etc....

Wondering if anybody can confirm this? THANKS!!!

KaseyCarriage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2022, 06:32 PM   #2
Dave The AV Guy

Our Carier Air V in our 2016 Carriage Carri-Lite is still going strong, fortunately. The tech may be saying this because of the interconnection with the furnace such that the one wireless remote controls both. I personally would not let that deter me from looking at whatever other brand AC may be available, but I would certainly go with a top line model, even if that mean re-wiring the furnace control to a separate thermostat. But then, I’m an electrician and that wouldn’t scare me. As for the AC feed cable, I believe it is 12/2 on a 20 amp breaker, so that should handle any brand of AC. On another topic, I recently installed a n RV Soft Start module that spreads the start up inrush current out over time, and that allows you to operate the coach on a 30 amp feed and even run two ACs at the same time. The Carrier AC unit is a little more efficient than most, and I found I could actually feed our coach from a 15 amp circuit and the AC would still start and run okay. Of recourse I just tried this to see if it would work; I wouldn’t try this at a campground unless absolutely necessary, and one would not want to have any other AC loads active in the RV.

Dave The AV Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2022, 04:25 AM   #3
steve_darlene

I separated the heater and ac and have 2 thermostats works great
steve_darlene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2022, 07:42 PM   #4
Diesel-Gypsy

I am in the process of trying to get 2 Advent AC’s up and running in my Royals (2007)
The trailer came with the 2 Advent units mounted on the roof, BUT no wiring for wall thermostats.
Believe it or not someone had mounted 2 wall thermostats that were dummy’s no wiring leading to them, they were there I’m guessing to make the buyer think they were actually working…
So I am looking for 2 x Advent control boards to match to 2 x Advent wall thermostats.
Any one know of a source for the control boards?
Thanks
Old 02-19-2023, 12:38 PM   #5
Diesel-Gypsy

Hello all, I did manage to install my 2 Advent AC units, the tricky part was definately getting wire from the now wall mounted thermostats up trough the hollow wall cavity, through the ceiling cavity and over to the individual AC units.
Both units function as normal and I wired the Suburban furnace to work of its own separate wall thermostat.
It would have been a heck of a lot less work if I could have maintained to CARRIER wireless system.

Tags
ac rewiring, carrier air v, coleman mach