Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-24-2010, 07:13 PM   #1
terry and jo

Preview (Sort of) of Chestnut Blue Fabric and Suite Oak Wood

When we were researching the selections for our new MS 38TKSB3, all we could ever see, either in photos or in person, seemed to be the maple woodwork and either the Antique Fawn or Olive Sand fabric colors. At almost the last minute we decided to go wiith the Chestnut Blue fabric because it would show dog hair less than the lighter colors. We did so, even without seeing what it actually looked like.

We were pleasantly surprised that we really liked the fabric colors better than the lighter colors. So, since we were unable to see Chestnut Blue colors, I decided to include a few pictures of the interior of our unit in case others would like to see something other than a little "swatch" in the brochure or on the dealers "swatch board".

Terry
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dsc_6436_949.jpg (106.2 KB, 92 views)
File Type: jpg dsc_6394_169.jpg (115.7 KB, 92 views)
File Type: jpg dsc_6393_147.jpg (115.1 KB, 92 views)

2010 Mobile Suites 38TKSB3 #5332 - 2008 Ford F450
Terry's Smugmug Site
terry and jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 07:24 PM   #2
Gemstone

Looks good....the crown moulding adds a nice touch too. Nice to see that they finally replaced the kitchen faucet with something functional.

Regards
Gemstone

Old 05-24-2010, 10:07 PM   #3
Richard Miller

terry and jo
what kind of reasoning did you use to decide between the 36TKSB and the 38TKSB? I am trying to decide that question right now. Does the difference in length make much difference? I now have a Jayco Designer 36RLTS which is 38' 6" long.
Old 05-25-2010, 08:05 AM   #4
terry and jo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Miller
terry and jo
what kind of reasoning did you use to decide between the 36TKSB and the 38TKSB? I am trying to decide that question right now. Does the difference in length make much difference? I now have a Jayco Designer 36RLTS which is 38' 6" long.
Richard,

Our intention is to sell our home and live in the MS full time. The 38TKSB3 comes in at 38'4" in length, so it is close to what you currently have. In reality, because of the full-timing plans, the 36TKSB3 wasn't even a consideration for us. We decided that we wanted as much interior space as possible.

In addition, we elected to NOT order the fourth "vanity slide". If we had gotten the fourth slide, we would have gained some closet space and floor space, but at the expense of drawer space in the dresser, the overhead cabinets, and the complete loss of two cabinet areas at the side of and just above the dresser.
2010 Mobile Suites 38TKSB3 #5332 - 2008 Ford F450
Terry's Smugmug Site
terry and jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 08:29 AM   #5
Richard Miller

Thanks Terry and Jo
Just wanted to get your opinion. We have been fulltiming for 5+ years now in the Jayco and love it. We are going to order in about 2 weeks from now. I agree about the 4th slide in the bedroom. Still waffling about 36 or 38 but will probably go with the 38 when all done. I like on the 36 how the TV is centered in the cabinets but the 38 in moved to the rear to make room for the desk. I already priced having doors and a shelf put on where your feet go under the desk because we don't need a desk.
Old 05-25-2010, 09:21 AM   #6
hitchup

We tried to go neutral with interior. So picked the Golden Brown site unseen. We knew we'd be changing the furniture out immediately.

I wasn't asked-- BUT: we went with the 38' (without ever looking at one) because we had lived in a 36TK3 for 2 1/2 years. Gaining the extra foot or so in the living area was great. It gave us more cabinet space over/under TV and in dining slideout.

Am sure glad, cause I'm hoping this is the last one for us. :D

Working Fulltimers since 3/2005
hitchup is offline   Reply With Quote