Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-13-2021, 07:55 AM   #21
Amcrebel

They need to back up and start over. The solenoids stop the return flow and a leak is uncontrolled flow, has to be one of the two. A jack would only effect that one jack. Remember slides are on the same system. When I was having solenoid issues putting in my slides would lower my right side rear two jacks on the DRV and lowered the front jacks on the Big Country. Lines under the coach need to be checked. I know it sucks, been there. We've owned 15-20 rv's, lance truck campers to Itasca diesel pushers, new and used, none have been back to the dealership.

Amcrebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 08:37 AM   #22
Amcrebel

Just say if you want me to step out. Too many times technicians are just parts replacers, often times replacing the defective part and creating a new problem. Key here may be the fact it wasn't factory installed. Also what may be an unstable fluid concoction or air trapped in the system. I also know that the main valve body has multiple pressure and return ports that operate differently. Another possibility is defective lines if they we're factory made, I own heavy equipment and have actually had lines internally come apart. If the problem occurs all the time the first thing I would do is manually level it, I don't like self leveling, and leave it. If it still is a problem do it again and unplug all electrical connections at all solenoids. Everything is One step at a time. I installed manual ball valves in our Big Country allowing me to control each slide and jack individually, that taught me a lot about the system and how you can screw things up.

Old 04-13-2021, 11:58 AM   #23
LarryFlew

Each jack also has returns which is what they tested and found leaks in bypass. Main solenoid was also replaced. Installed on existing 5th wheel so slides are on independent system completely although it is hydraulic and Lippert. System bled and concoctions replaced several times with zero difference. Other than being VERY POed about them giving up I can see why they did.
LarryFlew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 12:35 PM   #24
Amcrebel

What exactly is it doing wrong?
Old 04-13-2021, 12:46 PM   #25
LarryFlew

Popping etc all of the time. At worst was about 10 times per hour and this made trailer jerk as pressure was lost. Original thought was temperature change as we where in AZ but it did the same once back to MN.
Old 04-13-2021, 02:53 PM   #26
Amcrebel

Are you mechanically inclined? Not being a wise guy,just wondering what you're willing to try on your own.
Old 04-13-2021, 04:28 PM   #27
LarryFlew

Yes and basically nothing more to try. Have spend MANY hours myself and watched Lippert spend many more.
Old 05-19-2021, 06:05 PM   #28
Amcrebel

I still had one pesky Jack making a snapping noise occasionally. So I removed a quart of fluid and saved it in case I need to add some and added another quart of the cat fluid. That completely resolved all noises. With four slide outs that a hydraulic and the levelers I would say 2 quarts are definitely needed.
Old 05-25-2021, 09:34 PM   #29
Roam America

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cummins12V98 View Post
Understood!

Sucking mine dry with slides in jacks up if I remember correctly it took 5-6 quarts.
Hey, no big deal. 👍🏻
Roam America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2021, 05:49 AM   #30
FuShiLuMeitan

What is painfully obvious in this thread and thousands of others - don’t go to the stealers!!!!

I appreciate the OP’s dilemma as the last time we went to a dealer, 4 mnths later a call to pick up our RV got us excited for the road. Nothing had been done. Uugghhh. Never again.

Hydraulics are not complicated. Any good shops in your area for big equipment? Like a CAT dealer, Hyundai, whomever or a Princess Auto? They would have someone who actually knows the tech to fix it or walk you through the steps in a way your comfortable with. Maybe.

Really hope you can get it sorted and get back to enjoying life.

FuShiLuMeitan is offline   Reply With Quote