Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-30-2020, 01:07 PM   #61
CALinSC

Fort Michilimackinac, MI

This picture was taken from the grounds of Fort Michilimackinac.
The Mackinac Bridge is a suspension bridge spanning the Straits of Mackinac.

MI michilimackinac - 1 (23).jpg

Old 12-03-2020, 01:00 AM   #62
CALinSC

Columbia, PA

This beautiful old bridge spans the Susquehanna River from Columbia, PA to Wrightsville, PA.

Susquehanna River 6.jpg

Old 12-06-2020, 02:11 PM   #63
CALinSC

La Jolla, CA

One year while full timing, we attempted to spend a winter at San Diego. Right after Christmas it started raining. It lasted for days and there were mud slides into the valleys and we were parked in one, so we packed-up and went east over the mountains to El Centro, CA.

While Christmas shopping at La Jolla, we found this Christmas tree made with potted Poinsettia plants.

La Jolla13.jpg
Old 12-12-2020, 08:28 AM   #64
CALinSC

Graceland, TN

I was always an Elvis fan. I joined the navy on his 22nd birthday. His resting place is on the grounds of Graceland, his TN home

Graceland 9.JPG

RIP Elvis.
Old 12-19-2020, 05:27 PM   #65
CALinSC

Conway, NH

Conway Scenic Railroad - Conway, NH.

1a Conway, NH.jpg 1b Conway, NH.jpg

1 Conway, NH.jpg
Old 12-27-2020, 04:34 AM   #66
CALinSC

Grand Canyon, AZ

The Hopi House, one of the many attractions up on the AZ rim.

9 Grand Canyon, AZ .jpg 9a Grand Canyon, AZ.jpg

9b Grand Canyon, AZ.jpg
Old 01-02-2021, 03:15 PM   #67
CALinSC

South Berwick, ME

I was born in a rural southern district in Maine. Our family lived in North Berwick. My mother did not want me to be born at home, so when due, she went to a maternity shelter at South Berwick. I’ve never lived there, other than being born there.

When visiting in my home town area we park at a family owned country CG at Berwick, ME. It’s just a stone throw to the North Berwick town line.

Roads in rural Maine seldom, if ever, change. So I still know all the back roads throughout the area. One day while taking a short-cut from our Berwick CG location, to the strip malls in Kittery, we passed this farm in South Berwick. I thought it was very unique and stopped for some pictures.

South Berwick, ME - 1.jpg South Berwick, ME - 1a .jpg

South Berwick, ME - 2 .jpg South Berwick, ME - 4.jpg
Old 01-03-2021, 09:35 AM   #68
terry and jo

For those not too familiar with those in the DRV category, the wife and I have lived in our Mobile Suites since Spring of 2011. We retired June 30, 2014 and hit the road, although when we get to a place, we may stay there for months. 20 months in Colorado near the wife's sisters, then 17 months in SW Oregon while volunteering at a retreat and reunion center, and then 9 months in Southern Utah at Kanab, UT. Now, we are back in Oklahoma and have been here for 2 1/2 years near family.

In our travels, we have been mostly in the western states. I am a prolific "picture taker" and have over 48,000 photos on my Smugmug site. So, with that explained, let me add a picture to the mix.

Between Twin Falls, ID and Mountain Home, ID is the Malad Gorge State Park. I-84 runs right beside it. Many don't know it, but when traveling across I-84 there, one is directly over this waterfall. It is directly below the interstate bridges themselves and it drops into the Devil's Washbowl. One can see the bridges in the top of this picture.

2010 Mobile Suites 38TKSB3 #5332 - 2008 Ford F450
Terry's Smugmug Site
terry and jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 01:30 PM   #69
CALinSC

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry and jo View Post
For those not too familiar with those in the DRV category, the wife and I have lived in our Mobile Suites since Spring of 2011. We retired June 30, 2014 and hit the road, although when we get to a place, we may stay there for months. 20 months in Colorado near the wife's sisters, then 17 months in SW Oregon while volunteering at a retreat and reunion center, and then 9 months in Southern Utah at Kanab, UT. Now, we are back in Oklahoma and have been here for 2 1/2 years near family.

In our travels, we have been mostly in the western states. I am a prolific "picture taker" and have over 48,000 photos on my Smugmug site. So, with that explained, let me add a picture to the mix.

Between Twin Falls, ID and Mountain Home, ID is the Malad Gorge State Park. I-84 runs right beside it. Many don't know it, but when traveling across I-84 there, one is directly over this waterfall. It is directly below the interstate bridges themselves and it drops into the Devil's Washbowl. One can see the bridges in the top of this picture.

Our RV traveling is opposite from yours. We are constantly on the move just stopping during warm and cold seasonal changes.

When we started this thread we were hoping people like you would also share their traveling adventures with pictures. Even though we have traveled in all of the lower 48 we have just scratched the surface of things to see in our vast and beautiful country.

Thanks for posting.

Cal & Linda; we've been traveling together for 62 years.

Aray from the RV for a week .jpg
Old 01-03-2021, 02:07 PM   #70
terry and jo

Jo and I have been married 52 years, just this last Christmas Day. With us, early on in our planning we decided that we wanted to stay in place longer, which would give us more time to see more things in any given area. While we didn't do much in Colorado except see family and see lots of stuff in Colorado, one or two times we made trips to Idaho to see family there, which let me get lots of pictures in Idaho as well as Colorado.

Our 17 months in Oregon was spent as volunteer "ranch hosts" at a retreat and reunion center just north of Grants Pass, OR. The owners of the "ranch" also had a beach house in Waldport, OR, so we took some time off to stay in the beach house and explore more of Oregon's coastline.

We were camp hosts in a small RV park in Kanab, UT for that 9 months, and the job was one where we worked 3 days and had 6 days off, thus we got to explore a LOT of southern Utah and northern Arizona.

We have been blessed with good health and good opportunities to see a lot of natural beauty.

Pictures of me are rare since I do most of the photography in the family, but here is a photo taken by our boss when we were in Utah. This is a link to my "About Me" page at my website. That may be the only picture (recent anyway) of the wife and I together. The only other one that might be on Smugmug is in the Alaska folder when six of us in the family took an Alaskan cruise and land tour. I used the self timer then (year was 2005) to take pictures of the six of us as couples and groups.

Terry and Jo - Utah

Terry
Terry's Smugmug Site
Old 01-06-2021, 09:53 AM   #71
terry and jo

Newport, Oregon harbor "bums."

Just lazing around, but at least they didn't take over the boat.

Terry's Smugmug Site
Old 01-11-2021, 08:35 AM   #72
terry and jo

While working in Wyoming this past Summer, we made it up by Devil's Tower, but we weren't able to do any real walking and photography of the tower because it was a weekend and crowded as all get out. So, later in the year, we took a week or a bit more to go to South Dakota and see Mount Rushmore and the Badlands. While there, we took a day-trip back over to Devil's Tower to try to get to see it better.

In walking the Tower Trail around the Tower, we came upon some "scopes" that were supposed to be usable to view a ladder on the tower. Back in the 1890's, two local ranchers built ladders to attach to the cracks in the tower to be able to climb it. While the lower 100 feet of that ladder has been removed, other portions of it are still visible, although not through the "scopes" that they have at that site of the trail. This picture shows part of that ladder in the lower center and was taken with a 28-300mm lens to get in closer to it.

Terry's Smugmug Site
Old 01-14-2021, 08:41 AM   #73
terry and jo

Along the Columbia River Gorge is Multnomah Falls. While we were there a couple of years ago and took pictures, I knew of Multnomah Falls long before because LOTS of photographers post their pictures of the falls. So, here is one of mine.

Terry's Smugmug Site
Old 01-14-2021, 10:17 PM   #74
terry and jo

Wife and I moved to Kanab, Utah in late 2017 to work as camp hosts at a small RV park there. Being in Kanab was great because the North Rim of the Grand Canyon, Bryce Canyon, Lake Powell, and Zion National Park were all with about a 75 mile radius from Kanab.

A friend on a forum where I participated mentioned one day that since we were going there, he really wanted to see some pictures by me of Bryce Canyon with snow. He had been to Bryce Canyon in the Summer, but he had heard it was beautiful with snow. We made 3 or 4 trips to Bryce, and this one below came about in late February of 2018.

Aqua Canyon of Bryce Canyon National Park

Terry's Smugmug Site
Old 01-15-2021, 01:16 PM   #75
MTK46

It doesn't have to we winter to see snow at Bryce.
I remember as a kid camping with my folks there one summer it snowed on us. We left for Zion as us So. Cal folks weren't prepared for that kind of RVing.
I know we took pictures but have no idea where they could be. My guess it was late 50's or early 60's.
Being a desert rat now for 50+ years wife and I don't RV in the snow!!!!
2011 Mobile Suites 36RSSB3 #5556
2017 F-350 CC 6.7 diesel dually, Banks Derringer tuner with super gauge
MTK46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 02:02 PM   #76
CALinSC

Dickinson, ND

Found this beautiful old car at a Dickinson, ND old old car museum.

3 ND - Dickinson - (2).jpg
Old 01-18-2021, 08:30 AM   #77
terry and jo

Something from my home state of Oklahoma. This is found on the grounds of the 45th Infantry Division Museum in Oklahoma City. It is called a "Gama-Goat" and is a six-wheel drive, articulated vehicle that can also cross rivers. Slowly, but it can cross them. When I described this to a co-worker one day, he informed me that they used them in Vietnam to lay communication cable between "bases," including firebases.

He also said that when a unit convoyed to a new "base," the Gama-Goats were always the lead vehicles because they were the slowest. I guess they didn't want to see the other vehicles in the convoy run off and leave them behind.

Terry's Smugmug Site
Old 01-23-2021, 07:43 AM   #78
CALinSC

Towanda, KS

One time while crossing KS from west to east on US-54, we took the US-254 Wichita bypass highway. Nearing Towanda we saw a large building with a lot of old cars and trucks in the parking area. We decided to turn around and go back for a look. It was quite a unique place with a 50s/60s lunch stand, a 2nd level thrift shop, three stall car/truck restoration area and a truck that had been parked so long in one place it had a large tree grow through its engine compartment.

4 KS Hwy US-54 - 9.jpg 4a KS Hwy US-54 - 6.JPG

4b KS Hwy US-54 - 5.JPG 4c KS Hwy US-54 - 3.jpg
Old 01-29-2021, 09:39 AM   #79
terry and jo

Speaking of museums, if one is traveling through Amarillo, TX there is a small RV museum called Jack Sizemore RV Museum along I-27 in the south part of the city near SW 45th Avenue. Currently, it is "temporarily closed" due to Covid, but it is an interesting stop. Besides the old RV's, it also has some old motorcycles as well. The museum is in a back building at the Jack Sizemore Traveland RV dealership.

Link to my Smugmug site for pictures that I took.

Remember RV the movie?

This "motorhome" is a wee bit older.

1970 Avion pickup camper.

Terry's Smugmug Site
Old 01-29-2021, 11:21 AM   #80
MTK46

Thanks for the tour. I can remember seeing some of those RVs back in the day. My folks had a 1966 Fireball trailer. Much like the Kenskill.

2011 Mobile Suites 36RSSB3 #5556
2017 F-350 CC 6.7 diesel dually, Banks Derringer tuner with super gauge
MTK46 is offline   Reply With Quote