Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   5thWheelForums.com > 5th Wheel Brand Forums > DRV | Formerly Doubletree
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-04-2010, 08:08 PM   #1
terry and jo

Rear Kitchen Slide Wiring Support Strap

OK, guys. I know this topic has been discussed before, but there are new owners on here occasionally (as if I wasn't new myself) and they may not have seen the discussions involving broken support straps.

Anyway, ours broke a while back and I just finished fixing it this evening. Since the break was right at the frame, I chose to use a hinge as a base point for attaching the strap. I picked up 4 1/2" door hinge at Lowes along with four 5/16th inch by 3/4 inch long bolts with flat and lock washers.

To match the hinge to the original frame holes, I had to drill out a center hole in the size of the self-tapping screw that was used for attaching the strap to the frame. With the holes in the hinge being bigger, I used flat washers on those two screws.

Then I cut off part of the broken strap to make it even for attaching to the hinge. That took me the longest since I didn't unhook everything before doing this job. Also, I was using an old hacksaw with what I think is an even OLDER hacksaw blade.

I clamped the strap to the free part of the hinge with two small vice grip plyers and drilled out new holes to match the hinge holes.

So, now if you are really bored, enjoy the pictures.

Terry

EDIT: I found a better picture of the broken strap and replaced one with crappy resolution with one that is better.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dsc_8039_362.jpg (98.4 KB, 339 views)
File Type: jpg dsc_8048_285.jpg (103.4 KB, 339 views)
File Type: jpg dsc_7753_791.jpg (109.8 KB, 332 views)
2010 Mobile Suites 38TKSB3 #5332 - 2008 Ford F450
Terry's Smugmug Site
terry and jo is offline   Reply With Quote