Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-24-2014, 03:38 PM   #1
Okie

Leak.

I have water pooling on top of the, what I assume is the, fresh water tank. The water sets and builds up under the furnace. All above that is dry and dusty. I look through the electric panel inside and can see water there too. All above the tank is dry. The top of the tank on the street side is dry. It's just under the furnace. I can't find the source, any ideas will help.

Okie

Okie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 07:11 PM   #2
Gemstone

I had a leak like that....traced it back to loose hose clamp connections going to the water pump. I replaced all hose clamps that I could reach, with 1/2 inch PEX Clinch clamps.

Regards
Gemstone

Old 02-25-2014, 01:36 AM   #3
rjohnsonnm

If the tank the water is on is black, that's not the fresh water tank, it's white. You might investigate the waste tank vent pipe. It might be leaking or if you fill the tank too full it might be overflowing.
Ron
2004 Mobile Suites 36RS3 #0925
2011 F-350 Lariat Diesel Longbed
Albuquerque, NM
rjohnsonnm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 09:11 AM   #4
golf_bears

As already indicated, the black tank beneath the furnace is your black tank not the fresh water tank. The toilet sits directly above the black tank. It's possible that your toilet seal is leaking water onto the top of the tank.

If the seal is leaking you will need to pull the toilet and replace the seal.
golf_bears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 10:55 AM   #5
5thwheeler

Toilet Leak

We had the same problem.
Replaced the foam seal - thought it might work
Not successful
Replaced the pvc pipe from toilet to black water tank - the leak was in the "slip-fitting".
Success!!!
Also had to replace the furnace - water got to the circuit boards!!! (thank goodness for Extended Warranty!!!!)
5thwheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 11:43 AM   #6
Okie

Thanks for the tips. I think I have it figured out. It looks like a case of the "dumb SH**ts". When I dump the tank I always use the flusher to clean it out. I turn it on for 10 to 15 minute and then dump again. I normally do that twice each dump. Well the last time on the second flushing i was distracted talking to a neighbor for longer than the 15 minutes. Then rushed over and dumped. I never checked in the back part of the basement until I saw water dripping from the bottom of the trailer, then saw the water on top of the tank. I have only had this unit since it was new and still don't know which tank is which among other things like where all the water lines go or are and the wiring has no order at all. Would be nice if they gave you schematics and drawing of all that when you buy one of these units. Again thanks for the info.

Okie
Old 02-25-2014, 06:07 PM   #7
terry and jo

Larry,

This won't help with respect to the routing of lines and hoses, but here is a link to an RV Dreams forum thread where I posted the pictures that were taken of a DRV by someone else. I tried to insert the photos into this reply, but it made the pictures way too big.

http://rv-dreams.activeboard.com/t56...ank-locations/

Terry
2010 Mobile Suites 38TKSB3 #5332 - 2008 Ford F450
Terry's Smugmug Site
terry and jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 11:55 AM   #8
Okie

Thanks Terry, That does clear up the tanks. Now a picture of the wiring would be great or maybe just a nightmare. I know that my model and previous had no particular pattern for water lines let alone electrical wiring. But then again every problem is a new adventure.

Larry
Okie